Community & Protection Coordinator
Reference : 8645-13N09091
Location : Europe & the Middle East - Jerusalem West Bank Gaza
Application Deadline Date :05-Nov-17
Category : Field Operations
Type : Open-ended, Full-time
International Role : No - Only National applicants will be considered.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
Technical Expertise, Planning, Support and Advise
- Work with the zonal manager and relevant technical staff to develop the work plan in regard of sponsorship, integration, protection and micro projects.
- Review and provide feedback on relevant zone/field proposals.
- In coordination with the technical staff conduct the planning of activities at the zonal level, according to WV’s Sponsorship standards, and protection models.
- Serve as a technical resource and provide technical advice to Zonal Manager on CP, SRS, Advocacy and DRR.
- Provide the field and the NO with relevant information specific to the zonal target area.
- Inform Zonal manager of any arising issues , general policies change at the National level and new opportunities
Design , Monitoring and Evaluation
- Advise Z one Managers on appropriate prioritization of problems, selection of interventions, activities and indicators.
- Participate in the assessment and design of projects.
- Contribute, in cooperation with the technical Coordinators and the DM&E, to the development of standardized monitoring indicators, tools and monitoring processes for the relevant designated projects in the Zone
- Participate in compiling project models and best practices as part of developing technical approach and technical program for the CESP project
- Coordinate the implementation of Advocacy, Sponsorship and Protection initiatives and other macro projects in the zone and advise the manager on arising issues and challenges.
- Ensure the integration of Sponsorship in programming.
- Ensure the implementation of Advocacy in technical programs.
- Revise the annual plan of action, CESP annual budget and mid-year review budget, and advise manager upon need.
- Prepare consolidated quarterly, semi-annual, annual, and end of reports required by NO, donors, government and interested stakeholder
- Visit the field and assess beneficiaries’ satisfaction regularly.
- Assist the COs and Zonal manager in choosing appropriate field and National level partners
- Provide coordination and support to ensure Child Monitoring Standards are met
- Ensure child monitoring results analyses and propert follow up for case management
- Ensure sponsorship correspondences and 2.0 products are developed in engaging way and contribute to life skills development of children
- Ensure sponsorship messaging to be integrated within Area programme awareness raising activities
- Facilitate trainings on Child Rights and Child Protection for different stakeholders as needed.
- Contribute to local and national advocacy interventions and Campaigns initiated by the National Youth Forum and communities themselves with robust child participation and leadership.
Capacity Building & People’s supervision
- Supervise the Community Officers at the zonal level and build their capacity in the specific area of expertise, to include coaching, mentoring and providing regular feedback in relation of their performance.
- Develop and strengthen the technical skills of key team members by providing trainings and workshops to team at the zonal level, such as assessment, methodology, sharing etc…
- Organize learning and sharing events with other partners at the zonal level.
- Develop need based training and technical assistance interventions
- Participate in Sector zonal Working Group Meetings.
- Ensure WV JWG representation with relevant government local Ministries. Ensuring active membership of related NGO networks and working groups. Active work to develop local networks and alliances of various development players in the assigned provinces. Initiate issue-based/learning and sharing forums of NGOs and other institutions in the Zone
- Managing relations with village councils and steering committee
- To act as liaison between the national office’s Child Protection Technical Specialist, the community, the zonal office staff and relevant organizations and bodies.
- To design, implement, monitor & evaluate child protection programs at the zonal level.
- To link and provide advice other sectoral projects in mainstreaming child protection at the zonal level.
- To support zonal staff in technical child protection questions and capacity building.
- To lead the planning and implementation of the Child Protection Level 1 Incident Preparedness Plan (CPIPP) at the zonal level.
- To provide refreshers to zonal staff and volunteers on the national child protection policy once every two years or whenever the policy is revised.
- To provide a training orientation on the national child protection policy to new staff and volunteers.
- To attend child protection trainings and deliver the same training to colleagues at the Zonal Level.
- To attend the Child Protection Network meetings lead by the Ministry of Social Affairs at the zonal level and provide feedback where necessary to the Child Protection Technical Specialist and zonal manager.
- Review zonal offices’ materials including videos and pictures to ensure their compliance with WVI standard on avoiding harm in communication.
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Degree in social science or related subjects to development or relevant years of work experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong understanding of community-led development work
- Creative and able to apply innovative thinking, partnership building and problem solving skills;
- Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, abilities to work as a team.
- Effective in written and oral communication; able to speak and write with a proper standard of English.
- Computer literacy; Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good analytical and writing skills; Basic understanding of design, monitoring, and evaluation
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience, including at least one year in a supervisory role
- Experience in development/facilitation in and with communities
- Experience with program assessment, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes
- Experience with faith, community based and child focused empowerment programs.
Willingness to be flexible with hours when necessary and able to travel often in the field
Position is based in Al Zababdeh-Jenin.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.