Dalia Association was established in 2007 by members of the Palestinian community from the West Bank, including Jerusalem, Gaza Strip, inside the Green Line, and the Diaspora. We are diverse in terms of age, gender, religion and politics, yet we are united by our vision - to realize our rights as Palestinians to control our resources and sustain our own development for generations to come. Our mission is to mobilize and properly utilize resources necessary to empower a vibrant, independent and accountable civil society.
Description of the position
The Community programs officer is the main interface with grassroot communities. Under the leadership of the Executive Director, and with the support of the Office Manager and Accountant, the Community program officer is responsible for the successful planning, implementation and evaluation of community grant making programs.
Reporting to the Executive Director
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the conceptualization of new grants program.
- Elaborate the philosophy and methodologies of grants program
- Plan the specific strategies, budgets, work plans, and schedules for grant programs.
- Select and study locations for grants project using criteria
b. Implementation of grants / funds programs
- Publicize grants / funds in a creative and relevant ways
- Oversee selection of grantees
- Draft notification/rejection letters to new applicants, prepare amendments as needed,
- Work with the accountant to negotiate grants contracts
- Empower and build capacity of grantees, including through training, coaching and by mobilizing assistance from partner NGOs and companies.
- In cooperation with the accountant, arrange for financial capacity building for grantees.
- Supervise any other program or project staff
c. Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Monitor grants implementation according to plans, budgets and intended results.
- Review and approve grantees reports
- Prepare monthly program reports and periodic progress reports of projects or grants
- Monitor the program and the project budgets
- Conduct field visits regularly and as needed
- Prepare necessary narrative reports to donors and ensure preparation of financial report by the accountant.
- Maintain and active presence in the community, including active networking and partnership with NGOs and companies working in our target locations or with our target beneficiary groups
- Prepare articles, presentations or other communication tools to inform various stakeholders about the existence of or impact of the grants program
- Prepare articles, presentations, publications and success stories, for the website and press releases.
e. Organizational development
- Analyze successes and failures, challenges and opportunities facing grant making programs to inform organizational and programmatic policies and plans
- Contribute to policy on all matters relating to local community and grantee relations
- Participate in relevant teams and committees set up by Dalia Association for the advancement of the work in this area.
- Any other tasks as directed by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in development, or social science or other related fields. Masters’ degree is an asset.
- Minimum 5-year relevant experience in a relevant position required;
- Excellent report writing skills and writing for other audiences
- Strong computer skills in Excel, MS Word, Power Point, databases, internet and email applications
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, under pressure, on time, with attention to detail
- Strong commitment to integrity, professionalism in handling sensitive information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English and Arabic languages.
- Training or willingness to get training in the HR field required
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to work well as a part of a highly diverse team