Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and work at the sectors of food security, women and childhood, Community development, economic empowerment and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Bayader, in partnership with International Medical Corps (IMC) is seeking to implement Supporting community resilience against COVID-19 through community-based activities. This project comes under the umbrella of a USAID-funded project implemented by IMC that aims at mitigating the adverse effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the health system and vulnerable populations in Gaza and supporting community resilience through integrated health facilities and community-based health services. Bayader is seeking highly skilled staff to be hired for the following position:
Position Title: Community Outreach Worker - Full time
# of Position Available: 10
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC)
Period: 7 Months
Monthly Salary: 260 USD
- Community outreach teams will conduct community contact tracing and inform those who may have been exposed about self-quarantine, monitoring for symptoms, and next steps. Vulnerable Quarantined households will be provided with hygiene kits.
- Community Outreach workers will refer suspected cases for testing at the nearest health facility or CBO with health staff trained on the use of RDTs
- Community outreach workers will mobilize communities to the scheduled health services hosted at the CBOs
- Community outreach workers will conduct and document structured health awareness sessions at the relevant CBOs including distribution of personal hygiene kits
- Community health workers will observe all public health measures while conducting facility and community-based activities.
- Community health workers will arrange and conducted household awareness visits to the vulnerable families.
- Outreach workers will act as liaisons between community organizations and local citizens.
- Assists in planning, organizing, and conducting community outreach programs, community events, workshops, conferences, and discussion groups to promote health education, risk reduction, and healthy behaviors according to national guidelines.
- Assists customers at the counter and by phone; responds to public inquiries and education regarding health and departmental programs, healthy behaviors, and on community services, policies, processes, and procedures available through Public Health Department and other community resources.
- Assists in preparing program applications, and distributing brochures, flyers, posters, and other materials for health promotion activities to the public, community agencies, and support groups.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to at-risk clients on assigned health topics.
- Assists in compiling and maintaining records, reports, and statistical information.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, personnel records, and County information; complies with the confidentiality standards
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Experience:
- At least diploma degree in one of the social or scientific studies with a minimum grade: Good
- Ideally, an outreach worker has exceptional communication skills. Interpersonal skills that allow these professionals to build relationships
- Trust within the population is very important.
- Problem-solving skills that can deal with issues concerning conflicts or other problems are essential to success for an outreach worker.
- Because connecting with people is the primary responsibility of an outreach worker, knowing how to make the most of an open line of communication is key.
- Depending on the environment in which a worker is placed and their primary goals for being there, different techniques and methods of engagement and communication can be used.
- Resident in Khan Younis governorate.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an online application HERE
Deadline for submitting applications Friday 18/02/2022 no later than 16:00 PM.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates they will be contacted.