The UNDP “Support to Inclusive Electoral Process in the State of Palestine” will engage through the electoral cycle civil society actors, the media and national electoral observers in the various stages of the electoral process.
The UNDP will also support efforts to increase the transparency, effectiveness, and sustainability of political processes in Palestine. The project aims to enable the electoral actors to work together with all stakeholders to enhance the electoral process including in promoting the participation of women, youth, persons with disabilities (PwD’s), and marginalized communities in line with human rights obligations.
UNDP/PAPP is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Community Outreach Coordinator under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager with matrix reporting to the Chief Technical Adviser. The expected duration of the contract is 12 months and the Service Contract extension will be conditioned on the satisfactory performance evaluation as well as availability of funding under the project.
Summary of key functions:
Summary of Key Functions
- Coordination and building strong partnerships with the implementing partners and relevant stakeholders
- Preparation and assistance to finalization of reporting.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will
- Coordination and building strong partnerships with the implementing partners and relevant stakeholders, focusing on achievement of the following:
- Build relationships with the UNDP civil society partner organizations as well as platforms
- Liaise regularly with the CSO partners and facilitate coalition building opportunities.
- Regularly reach out marginalized communities as well as vulnerable groups.
- Assist the Project Team in development of program activities;
- Liaise with other UNDP programs to identify, complement, and synergize with other potential CSO partners.
- Provide strategic advice and assistance to the CSO partners in submission of the project proposals.
- Review and analyze CSO project proposals;
- Present program priorities to the potential CSO partners
- Preparation and assistance to finalization of reporting, focusing on achievement of the following.
- Monitor and report implementation of the activities implemented by the CSO partners;
- Contribute to analysis of the electoral and civil society environment;
- Organize and ensure logistical arrangements are place for project related meetings, workshops, and events.;
- Prepare a calendar of project related events
- Regularly provide data to report against identified results framework and draft activity reports.
- Other tasks as instructed by supervisors.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction: Models independent thinking and action
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
Project Management: Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Partnerships: Ability to engage with other agencies, donors, and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships
Results-Based Management: Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
Capacity Development: Ability to support partner countries' capacity to manage
ODA resources effectively and harmonize with national policy and financing frameworks
Report Writing: Ability to prepare quality reports
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA in public administration, management, economics, public policy, political science, law, international development, or the social sciences.
- At least 4years of professional experience.
- Experience in working with the CSO is an asset;
- Awareness of the political, electoral and security context in the State of Palestine and/or region.
- Experience in programmatic, administrative, and financial reporting;
Proficiency in oral and written Arabic and English is required
- Non-smoking environment
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة