Position Title: Community mobilizer
Location: Gaza Strip
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified community mobilizer to effectively and efficiently facilitate the implementation of the youth engagement interventions at the project level to ensure the exertion of influence of Palestinian refugees for improving their living conditions. The community mobilizer will work under the direct supervision of the civic engagement coordinator.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Design and implement the community mobilization and orientation sessions.
- Support the establishment of a coalition of youth and women groups, and civil society actors to support the advocacy efforts of the youth and women leaders.
- Coordinate for and follow up the implementation of the community engagement activities including policy dialogue, round table discussions and campaigns
- Ensure to plan and implement all the community based outreach activities in all targeted project sites.
- Develop the link with the local communities, governing structures, municipalities and other community institutions
- Ensure relevant target groups are identified and informed of the planned events/sessions in advance.
- Resolve all challenges related to awareness interventions using community based approaches.
- Prepare activities reports on regular basis and share it with management for reviews and input
- Support M&E activities in the field.
- Perform any other related tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate field (development studies, social sciences, democracy or any related fields…).
- At least 3 years of proven job experience in civil society, community development, local governance and community engagement programs.
- Proven experience working with youth facilitating community engagement activities
- Experience in designing and implementing national campaigns and engaging young people especially women in advocacy work.
- advanced communication skills and networking abilities with a wide range of institutions and diverse community groups
- Team player with great communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Ability to start working immediately
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three references by email to
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission must be delivered before 04:00 PM on Sunday 8th September 2019.