QADER is expecting a grant from GIZ to implement a pilot project that is designed to advance local development planning in small communities. It draws substantial emphasis on the inclusion and participation of various social groups, especially the marginalized ones, in the entire local development planning process.
The project also fosters social accountability as integral approach in the entire planning process within a holistic perspective to increased civic engagement in exacting accountability toward public local authorities against their obligations towards their citizens. The project places emphasis on the role youth, both and females, as key driving forces for mobilizing participation and inclusion.
The project is implemented in 6 villages in Bethlehem and Hebron Governorates; namely:
- Dar Salah, Bethlehem Governorate
- Al Shawawra, Bethlehem Governorate
- Mrah Rabah, Bethlehem Governorate
- Abu Al Ghuzlan, Hebron Governorate
- Beit El Roush El Foqa, Hebron Governorate
- Khallet Al Mayya, Hebron Governorate
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with village councils and other key stakeholders in the targeted communities to foster local partnerships and synergies.
- Coordinate logistical support and ensure that the planned activities are carried out effectively and in timely manner.
- Work closely with the consultant and the trainers on all the activities under their responsibilities.
- Follow-up on the timeliness, accuracy and quality of deliverables.
- Prepare for workshops and meetings, prepare minutes and reports accordingly, and follow up results with all concerned parties.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all activities, and prepare analytical reports accordingly.
- Contribute to internal monitoring of the project, and compliance with GIZ requirements.
- Contribute to the planning, preparations, and oversight of various procurement activities.
- Prepare and provide accurate information on the various projects in timely manner, as per the project M&E plan.
QUALIFICATION & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor degree in social sciences or related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in fields related local development planning, community organizing, community development, social accountability, civic participation, inclusion
- Solid understanding of the status and needs of children, women, persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in the same time.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driving license.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send their CVs/Resumes in addition to a cover letter (not less than 200 words, clarifying how your qualifications and personal specifications meet the job requirements) to [email protected] no later than 14:00 PM on Thursday October 4th, 2018
Please indicate in the subject line “Community Mobilizer”
Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for this position. QADER for Community Development is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.