Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent humanitarian medical aid organization committed to two objectives: providing medical aid whenever needed, regardless of race, religion, politics or gender, and raising awareness of the plight of the people who helps. MSF is working in more than 70 countries all around the world.
MSF –Spain is carrying out a psychological support program with medical and social component. The aim is to provide short-term psychotherapy to people affected by violence and conflict. Currently MSF is adapting its activities to the COVID-19 outbreak.
MSF-Spain is currently seeking to hire a full time Community Mental Health Worker in Hebron. This position is starting as soon as possible.
Main responsibilities of the position:
- To work at a preventive level through providing community based interventions aiming at raising awareness to mental health needs and to fight stigma related to mental health.
- To provide group psycho-education activities for affected groups and to identify the MH needs within the community.
- To perform group interventions aiming at promoting for our activities within the community, and to provide information on services available.
- To Contribute in providing individual and group psychological first aid (PFA) to affected people; home visits might be requiredTo Identify and appropriately refer patients with other medical or mental health needs to specilized units or other organizations.
- To Organize supportive activities in the community
- During Covid-19, to provide individual and group MHPS interventions for affected people remotely.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Additional qualities desired:
-Located in Hebron, Bethlehem or its surrounding areas.
-Previous experience with NGOs.
-Bachelor in Psychology, Counselling or any other related areas.
-Arabic and English Language skills
-Good written (history-taking) and computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience working within communities. Previous experience with NGOs is desirable.
-Organization and planning skills.
-Reporting and communication skills.
-Commitment towards principles and ethics of humanitarian aid.
- Flexibility and the capacity to adjustment to change
Please send your C.V. and motivation letter only by e-mail to [email protected] by 23/07/2020
(Subject: “ CMHW 2020”)
We will be accepting candidates on a rolling basis.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be received.