Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Hebron district, we are recruiting a:
COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATOR
Prepare, provide and present health education sessions to the population (caretakers, COVID patients, hospital staff) according to MSF principles and values in order to promote health information through health measures and hygiene conditions as well as provide information about MSF activities in order to facilitate access to healthcare.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
- Prepare material and deliver health education sessions, messages and topics addressed to different populations regarding hygiene, diseases and prevention.
- Ensure all the patients and caretakers are well informed, according to protocols, about health related issues and services provided.
- Identify people with medical problems, contact with medical team and report for immediate transfer if needed. He/she has to inform to the line manager about any problem encountered (population, equipment, material…).
- Report to line manager of all results of screening and visits on a regular basis.
- Assess the health needs of the community, MoH hospitals and MSF, serve
- Inform the patients, caretakers and non-medical staff on how to manage existing health conditions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the educational materials
- Participate in the trainings for the Health Community Educators and other health professionals and monitoring the results of the trainings
- Support the staff in implementing health education programs
- Collect data to learn about the community and improve services
- Advocate for improved health resources and policies that promote health
- In collaboration with the medical team inform patients and relatives about diagnosis and necessary treatments and procedures
- Assist hospital efforts in developing surveys to identify health issues and concerns from the surrounding community
- Create programs to train medical staff to interact more effectively with patients and caretakers.
- The Community Health Educator should be present on a daily basis in the various activities.
- Stress Management
- Possesses strong teaching and presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, compassionately and calmly in an intense, fluid, and multi-cultural environment.
- Must be a fast learner and extremely flexible and adaptable as the situation is dynamic, daily changing, and often chaotic
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Literacy essential. An internal MSF training on health messages will be necessary.
None is required.
- The Community Health Educator must be resident in the area the two hospitals are (DURA and ALIA Hospital).which is Dura and Hebron City.
- Mission language (English) desirable and local language essential (Arabic).
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV with reference details, copies of diploma, work certificate, professional licence (if aplicable) to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Department – COVID-19_Hebron Project
With the reference: CHE. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.