The purpose of this position is to implement sponsorship standards in coordination with volunteer child development works and facilitate community understanding, acceptance and implementation of WV JWG’s development approach in target communities.
· Implement child sponsorship operations and standards in coordination with child development monitors (CDMs).
· Implement World Vision’s programme approach in targeted area programmes (AP) to facilitate strong community engagement and ownership by local stakeholders and partners in the implementation process.
Sponsorship Operations: Implement child sponsorship operations and standards in coordination with child development monitors (CDMs).
- With support of CESC Coordinator design and implement the sponsorship plan in the area program.
- Identify and select and manage CDMs in coordination with the CESC Coordinator and build their capacity and skills and raise their awareness on WV programs as needed to ensure high quality of implementation
- Implement meaningful Sponsorship activities and events while ensuring child engagement throughout the events
- Ensure to meet all child sponsorship standards for new, running or phasing out Aps (SOI and CMI including sponsor queries, gift notifications, community gifts). Work to identify the most vulnerable children.
- Build strong relationships with children, parents and stakeholders to help increase community awareness of Sponsorship and its integration with WV’s programs
- Implement SIP recommendations and action plan
- Comply with child protection standards in sponsorship processes and report incidents in cooperation with CPA and CESC coordinators.
Community Engagement & Social Change: Implement World Vision’s programme approach in targeted AP to facilitate strong community engagement and ownership by local stakeholders and partners in the implementation process.
- Implement WV’s programme approach in targeted AP with high quality and good community engagement.
- Support in developing strong collaborative relations with local stakeholders and develop partnerships across the AP. Serve as a liaison between WV and local community in the AP.
- Implement local planning processes at the village level and participate in the annual community engagement and annual planning (CEAP) and sharing of monitoring and evaluation information with communities in alignment with WV’s development programme approach and with support from Monitoring & Communication Officers, and in cooperation with the CESC coordinator.
- Provide guidance and input to the CESC Coordinator on relevant micro projects, and manage community GNs and other joint activities with the CDMs.
- Communicate WV’s identity, mission, vision, core values and our approach to development when engaging with community stakeholders and act accordingly. This includes orientation on child sponsorship messaging integrated with broader community engagement process.
- Identify and communicate community priorities, vulnerabilities, vulnerable groups to the CESC Coordinator and other technical coordinators and help the team to map and allocate WV resources accordingly in alignment with WV’s Programme Approach and LEAP 3.
- Participate in learning and sharing events with other partners at the AP level. Contribute to ongoing reflection and learning within the team to improve programme performance and mutually share learning and experience with other zonal staff
- Participate in learning and sharing events with caregivers, parents, stakeholders and most vulnerable groups and ensure continuous engagement with these groups to maintain WV’s program approach.
- Communicate existence and use of community feedback mechanisms
- Ensure effective Child participation in WV programming and governance
- Assist the Monitoring and communication officers in preparing semi-annual, annual, and end of project reports required by internal, donor, government and interest bodies
- Support monitoring and communications officers in the monitoring of projects. Support interpretation of monitoring
- Support emergency response as needed.
- Attend and participate in WV’s spiritual nurture, as appropriate, and other organizational activities and events.
- Be responsible for own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Degree in social science or related subjects to development or relevant years of work experience .
- Previous relevant experience, including at least 3 years of development facilitation in and with communities
- Experience with program assessment, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Experience with faith, community based and child focused empowerment programs.
- Strong understanding of community-led development work
- Creative and able to apply innovative thinking, partnership building and problem solving skills;
- Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups
- Good analytical and writing skills; Basic understanding of design, monitoring, and evaluation
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, abilities to work as a team.
- Effective in written and oral communication; able to speak and write with a proper standard of English.
- Computer literacy; Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Integrity and strong identification with WV Core Values
Willingness to be flexible with hours when necessary and able to travel often in the field
All applications are received through Careers website: https://worldvision.wd1
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults.