The purpose of this position is to implement sponsorship standards in coordination with volunteer child development works and facilitate community understanding, acceptance and implementation of WV JWG’s development approach in target communities.
- Implement child sponsorship operations and standards in coordination with child development monitors (CDMs).
- Implement World Vision’s programme approach in targeted area programmes (AP) to facilitate strong community engagement and ownership by local stakeholders and partners in the implementation process.
Sponsorship Operations: Implement child sponsorship operations and standards in coordination with child development monitors (CDMs).During the design phase: Support the implementation of assessment and design process for the new Area Programme (55%)
Support the assessment and design team to collect macro and micro information from secondary and primary sources of information Support in conducting all of the activities of the assessment and design of the new ADP in close coordination with the Programme Development Coordinator and Zonal Manager Support in collecting sectoral information in the targeted communities Support in conducting PRA meetings and workshops with different community stakeholders to assess the needs of the different villages in close coordination with the Programme Development Coordinator and Zonal Manager Lead awareness raising campaign related to sponsorship with main stakeholders including parents, children and others as needed Support the team in finalizing the sponsorship phase in plan Lead the child registration process for the sponsorship Participate effectively in the analysis of collected data about the different targeted villages jointly with the Programme Development Coordinator and Zonal Manager Support in all kinds of reports related to assessment and design according to WV standards and procedures Support the team in developing design proposal, and design documents of the new ADPs in the targeted villages on timely manner Support proper liaison with the Head Office in Jerusalem
During the implementation phase: Sponsorship Operations: Implement child sponsorship operations and standards in coordination with child development monitors (CDMs).
With support of CESC Coordinator design and implement the sponsorship plan in the area program. Identify and select and manage CDMs in coordination with the CESC Coordinator and build their capacity and skills and raise their awareness on WV programs as needed to ensure high quality of implementation Implement meaningful Sponsorship activities and events while ensuring child engagement throughout the events Ensure to meet all child sponsorship standards for new, running or phasing out Aps (SOI and CMI including sponsor queries, gift notifications, community gifts). Work to identify the most vulnerable children.
*Build strong relationships with children, parents and stakeholders to help increase community awareness of Sponsorship and its integration with WV’s programs
Implement SIP recommendations and action plan
Comply with child protection standards in sponsorship processes and report incidents in cooperation with CPA and CESC coordinators.
Community Engagement & Social Change: Implement World Vision’s programme approach in targeted AP to facilitate strong community engagement and ownership by local stakeholders and partners in the implementation process (40%)
During the design phase: Mobilize community, deepen WV understanding for the new target communities, and build the trust with the main stakeholders Support the assessment and design team in Implementing the critical path steps according to WV standards (e.g. (hybrid) Development Approach) in close coordination with the Programme Development Coordinator and Zonal Manager Support the team in conducting the process of stakeholders analysis and ensure inclusiveness of the design process Communicate boldly and transparently WV identity (this includes conducting public awareness activities to ensure proper community understanding of WV approach and sponsorship philosophy/notion) Build and maintain community trust in WV in the targeted Primary Focus Area. Build trust with local communities, CBOs and National/International NGOs working in the targeted area of the ADP Ensure adequate child participation in the design process as per the (Hybrid) Development Approach Support the team in the AP launching process at the end of the design phase
During the implementation phase: Community Engagement & Social Change: Implement World Vision’s programme approach in targeted AP to facilitate strong community engagement and ownership by local stakeholders and partners in the implementation process.
Implement WV’s programme approach in targeted AP with high quality and good community engagement.
Support in developing strong collaborative relations with local stakeholders and develop partnerships across the AP. Serve as a liaison between WV and local community in the AP.
Implement local planning processes at the village level and participate in the annual community engagement and annual planning (CEAP) and sharing of monitoring and evaluation information with communities in alignment with WV’s development programme approach and with support from Monitoring & Communication Officers, and in cooperation with the CESC coordinator.
Provide guidance and input to the CESC Coordinator on relevant micro projects, and manage community GNs and other joint activities with the CDMs.
Communicate WV’s identity, mission, vision, core values and our approach to development when engaging with community stakeholders and act accordingly. This includes orientation on child sponsorship messaging integrated with broader community engagement process.
Identify and communicate community priorities, vulnerabilities, vulnerable groups to the CESC Coordinator and other technical coordinators and help the team to map and allocate WV resources accordingly in alignment with WV’s Programme Approach and LEAP 3.
Participate in learning and sharing events with other partners at the AP level. Contribute to ongoing reflection and learning within the team to improve programme performance and mutually share learning and experience with other zonal staff
Participate in learning and sharing events with caregivers, parents, stakeholders and most vulnerable groups and ensure continuous engagement with these groups to maintain WV’s program approach.
Communicate existence and use of community feedback mechanisms
Ensure effective Child participation in WV programming and governance
1. Assist the Monitoring and communication officers in preparing semi-annual, annual, and end of project reports required by internal, donor, government and interest bodies
2. Support monitoring and communications officers in the monitoring of projects. Support interpretation of monitoring
3. Support emergency response as needed.
4. Attend and participate in WV’s spiritual nurture, as appropriate, and other organizational activities and events.
5. Be responsible for own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
6. Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
NOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
• Previous relevant experience, including at least 3 years of development facilitation in and with communities
• Experience with program assessment, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
• Experience with faith, community based and child focused empowerment programs.
Degree in Social science or related subjects to development or relevant years of work experience .
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Strong understanding of community-led development work
• Creative and able to apply innovative thinking, partnership building and problem solving skills;
• Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups
• Good analytical and writing skills; Basic understanding of design, monitoring, and evaluation
• Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, abilities to work as a team.
• Effective in written and oral communication; able to speak and write with a proper standard of English.
• Computer literacy; Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Integrity and strong identification with WV Core Values
• Position is based in Nablus
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
Willingness to be flexible with hours when necessary and able to travel often in the field
☒Be Safe and Resilient
☒Learn and Develop
☐Improve and Innovate
☐Partner and Collaborate
Please apply through our Careers website, just click on Apply Now- below