Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office a
Community Development Specialist
For a period of 12 months
The Candidate will be responsible for:
- Conduct capacity building programs for the targeted communities and establish the needed committees for individuals and institutions to serve this purpose.
- Participates in developing the community development plans for the targeted communities including livelihood and sustainable development plans.
- Carry out coordination with all related stakeholders including local, government, and international institutions, in line with the national and sectorial strategic and development plans.
- Ensure that the capacity building component is enhancing the enabling environment towards formalization of representation for local communities, particularly those which have no formal local councils and/or representative bodies.
- Assist in establishing women groups in the targeted communities towards enhancing gender equality through income generating activities.
- Develop audio-visual communications material as deemed necessary.
- Supervise the implementation of all employability and business activities.
- Supervise all implementation activities in accordance with the predefined capacity building and development plans.
- Participate in the design and implementation of project related assessments, surveys or any other project identification studies.
- Liaise with local partners' staff and line ministries’ staff for the coordination and execution of activities.
- Ensure proper hand over for all implemented activities in coordination with all related stakeholders based on predefined sustainability plans.
- To ensure a higher level of stakeholder’s engagement (field visits, meetings, workshops, …etc.) to influence decision making and encourage planning to achieve our targets.
- To engage all relevant Palestinian authorities and active donor actors to increase their support to the targeted communities, thus enabling planned transition/exit strategies.
- Maintain and cultivate relations at technical level with local authorities, counterparts, beneficiaries and other external actors related to Action Against Hunger activities
- To do regular reports, fact sheets, and to capitalize on the success of the different achievements, studies, and analysis.
- Document progress in the field by regularly taking high quality photos with consents.
- Participate in preparation of mid and final report to donor as requested by HoP.
- To report any type of incidents according to the AAH incidents reporting procedure
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, development, social work or any related field.
- At least three years’ experience in humanitarian and community development programming.
- Knowledge of geographical areas, and the deep cultural and social understanding of local communities.
- Knowledge in KAP survey design, assessment, data collection and analysis.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of programs/ activities is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience in field assessments and economic studies including business planning and income generating activities.
- Experience in institutional capacity building at the community level.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and team worker.
- Very good in reading, writing, and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Valid Driving License and proving driving skills.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة .
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 22nd of April, 2021
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.