Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office a
Community Development Officer
For a period of 8 months
The Candidate will be responsible for:
The overall responsibility is to ensure the proper implementation of AAH’s community engagement and development activities within the West Bank Protection Consortium (WBPC) project.
The Candidate will be responsible for:
Objective 1: Project identification and design
- Participate in conducting capacity building programs for the targeted communities and establish the needed committees for individuals and institutions to serve this purpose, all under direct supervision of HoP.
- Participates in developing the community development plans for the targeted communities including livelihood and sustainable development plans.
- Carry out coordination with all related stakeholders including local, government, and international institutions, in line with the national and sectorial strategic and development plans.
- Ensure that the capacity building component is enhancing the enabling environment towards formalization of representation for local communities, particularly those which have no formal local councils and/or representative bodies.
- Assist in establishing women groups in the targeted communities towards enhancing gender equality through income generating activities.
- Promote more creative community development ideas.
Objective 2: Project implementation and set up.
- Design activities announcements tools/ application forms /evaluation tools.
- Participate in identifying selection criteria for beneficiaries.
- Follow up application/ assessment forms filling including field visits to applicants.
- Implement employability, capacity building and business development sessions as per AAH identified methodology (VIVEs)
- Provide tailored business development coaching sessions for project beneficiaries.
- Review and develop business development trainees submitted feasibility studies and business plans.
- Follow up and mentor selected income Generation Activities (IGAs) implementation process.
- Ensure proper implementation of agricultural activities.
- Conduct Local Government Units (LGU) gap assessment.
- Develop LGU development plans.
- Follow up the implementation of the LGU development plan.
Objective 3: External Relations
- To assist in ensuring a level of stakeholder’s engagement (field visits, meetings, workshops, …etc.) with the team, to influence decision making and encourage planning to achieve our targets.
- Under direct supervision from HoP, the community development officer shall assist in the engagement of all relevant Palestinian authorities and active donor actors to increase their support to the targeted communities, thus enabling planned transition/exit strategies.
- Maintain and cultivate relations at the technical level with local authorities, counterparts, beneficiaries, and other external actors related to Action Against Hunger activities
- Attend and participate in local meetings or project related community meetings.
Objective 4: Reporting
- To participate in producing regular reports, fact sheets, and to capitalize on the success of the different achievements, studies, and analysis.
- Participate in the preparation of the mid and final report to the donor as requested by HoP.
- Document progress in the field by regularly taking high quality photos with consent.
- To provide information on lessons learned to line manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural engineering or business administration, economic, development, social work or any related field.
- At least three years’ experience in humanitarian and community development programming.
- Knowledge of geographical areas, and a deep cultural and social understanding of local communities.
- Knowledge in KAP survey design, assessment, data collection and analysis.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of programs/ activities is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience in field assessments and economic studies including business planning and income generating activities.
- Experience in institutional capacity building at the community level.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and team worker.
- Very good at reading, writing, and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Valid Driving License and proving driving skills.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 12th of April, 2022
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.