Position Title : Community Care Assistant
Position Type : Regular , Full Time
Location : Mercy Corps -Gaza Sky Geeks/ Gaza Office
Duration : One Year
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action—helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. In Palestine, Mercy Corps has been working hand-in-hand with local communities and partners since 1980s and has staff in three offices based in East Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza. Mercy Corps work aims to increase the capacity of Palestinian’s civil society to promote inclusive social and economic development, long-term recovery, and respond to humanitarian need.
PROGRAM/DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: -
Gaza Sky Geeks, established in 2011 by Mercy Corps with support from Google, is Palestine’s leading tech hub that trains, nurtures and supports emerging tech talent with the goal of creating a sustainable and inclusive digital job market in Palestine. With 10 years of experience training globally recognized tech talent, Gaza Sky Geeks has served over 23,000 Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank, 45% women, through training programs, workshops and events.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
As the Community & Marketing Assistant, you are responsible for assisting the community team by helping to ensure our community members have the best possible experience. You support a team that communicates with and provides customer service to GSG’s community members, which is made up of multiple audiences across Gaza and the West Bank. You will be working under the Business Development function with the Community and Marketing team. Your main role is to help in creating awareness of the benefits of employment in the remote tech sector by helping the community and marketing team implement demand in-person and virtual events, bootcamps and hackathons. You will help in delivering a pipeline of quality participants to the Tech Education programs and cultivate an engaged community through tailored support activities to move them toward career growth.
The Community & Marketing Assistant also responsible for helping to collect feedback, representing the voice of diverse community members and synthesizing this feedback into actionable recommendations. You will assist the CARM focal point in upholding the CARM mechanism for community reporting, creating a safe and accountable environment for all GSG community members. You embody and champion the GSG values and go above and beyond to instill them into our community members. Your role is highly collaborative across departments to ensure you meet set targets and deliver a congruent community experience across geographic program locations. You are deeply empathetic and approach this role with a customer service attitude.
- Create a welcoming environment for community members with clear modes of communication/engagement through carefully curated tools that make it easy for the GSG community to engage and for GSG to target specific audiences with relevant messaging.
- Support managing the community online communication channels and help in managing the channels which facilitate community dialogue, including responding to community inquiries on social media.
- Support the CARM focal point to share the Mercy Corps’ community accountability reporting mechanisms (CARM) make it usable from the community and accessible to the GSG community.
- Provide feedback to the Community & Marketing Officer on progress of GSG community members, their engagement in the community activities, and recommendations on activities and actions to take to improve their abilities.
- Ensure that Community database and drive is organized and up-to-date
- Work closely with the Tech Education team to determine the community activities needed to support building awareness in the tech sector and specific Tech Education recruitment goals.
- Assist the community team in implementing engagement events to communicate GSG strategy, priorities and values in a way that resonates with the GSG community.
- Assist the community team in managing community events throughout the project cycle, from design and team formation to implementation and evaluation. Events may include presentations, workshops, bootcamps in different technical topics, networking events, and hackathons in collaboration with outside organizations. Events may be virtual, in-person and hybrid.
- Help the community team in implementing engagement events for the GSG alumni community through tailored support activities that move them toward career growth.
- Deliver community onboarding and make sure that the community members are aligned with the GSG values.
- You are the connector on the ground between the community needs and other stakeholders during the community events.
- Support and/or lead on implementing, facilitating and following up on community trainings, in collaboration with the Community & Marketing Officer and the Tech Education department
- Work with the Operations and Logistics team to:
- Provide support needed for community touch points and activities
- Align on providing a quality community experience across GSG co-working spaces
- Work with the MEL and Tech Education teams to ensure that data and feedback collection produce meaningful results and that surveys are streamlined across touchpoints and channels.
- Support the Talent Matching Team (TMT) on the community job board and make the offerings visible to the GSG community members.
- Support on the design and implementation of tech tools needed for the community team working closely with the Community & Marketing Office and the GSG Technical Lead
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Community & Marketing Officer
WORKS WITH: Gaza Sky Geeks Community & Marketing team, business development functions, Tech Education team, Mercy Corps Operations & Finance team, HR
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in ICT, engineering, business, graphic design or any other related field, with a demonstrated record of interest and contemporary knowledge in his/her field.
- General background and knowledge in any programming (coding) language and the technical specializations and offers.
- At least 2 years of proven work experience in a professional team-oriented environment
- At least 2 years of work experience in community management, event production, tech training delivery and/or marketing.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - in both English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in MS office, google suite, CRM databases, digital marketing and communications tools.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required.
- The Community Care Assistant leads by example with a positive attitude, empathy, clear and candid professional communications, inspires and motivates others to do their best work.
- The Community Care Assistant needs to be able to draw clear lines between professional and personal feedback - and not take or provide feedback on a personal basis and embrace constructive criticism as an opportunity to grow, and be proactive about holding candid conversations.
- The Community Care Assistant takes a cross-cutting view of GSG program work and work proactively and collaboratively with other GSG program management of other teams.
- Strong listening abilities and a user centric approach to understanding and advocating for the needs of the GSG community.
- The Community Care Assistant should has a strong focus on results-based management, ensuring that OKRs are delivered on time and on budget, pushing for breakthrough results through an innovative and agile approach.
- Pro-active communication of timeline revisions in advance to management and clear explanation of revised timelines/roadmaps.
- The Community Care Assistant consistently demonstrates a solutions-oriented approach to problems and know when to escalate problems to Supervisor after other avenues (solving independently, asking for help from teammates) fail.
- The Community Care Assistant needs to hold debriefs, post-mortems, etc. after cohorts, events, etc. and work with the Tech Education, D&I and MEL teams to improve outcomes by making clear, actionable changes to program implementation.
- The Community Care Assistant needs to be familiar with all MC procurement and finance processes and ensure that the direct report team follow/understand these processes to smoothly execute programing.
- The Community Care Assistant needs to take ownership of professional development (e.g. research, proposing development activities to management, requests feedback from management/peers regularly).