للغة العربية الرجاء تصفح الصفحة في الأسفل!
Position: Program Assistant - GSG West Bank
Program: Gaza Sky Geeks
Location: Ramallah - West Bank (With frequent travel)
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Gaza Sky Geeks (GSG) is Gaza’s leading co-working space, tech education hub, and startup accelerator, run by Mercy Corps, a nonprofit international relief and development organization with programs in the occupied Palestinian territories since the 1980s. Mercy Corps founded GSG in partnership with Google.org in 2011. We bring together online freelancers, outsourcers, and startup founders together under one roof to share ideas, best practices, code, and build brighter futures through the power of the internet. Gaza Sky Geeks’ overarching goal is to build an internationally competitive technology ecosystem in Gaza through online freelancing, outsourcing, and startups.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program community Assistant will provide programmatic and administrative support for Mercy
Corps Programs, primarily relating to Gaza Sky Geeks (GSG) expansion activities, in the West
Bank. The CA will work with the WB GSG team on youth training, employability, capacity building, and economic development.
The CA will work closely with the Program Manager and GSG WB team on all aspects of
the program and provide effective and efficient support to ensure smooth implementation
including programmatic, administrative, logistical and procurement support, information gathering, and organizing training. The Community Assistant will work to ensure data quality, including, data
collection, data entry, and sound filing and documentation of program records for participants
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the implementation of programs in WB such as community events,technical bootcamps, technical trainings.
- Assist in arranging workshops and training sessions, attending meetings and community gatherings.
- Work closely with the WB community team to support the overall objectives for building a thriving tech community in WB.
- Provide logistics support for program activities : supporting the procurement process, prepare financial documents as needed.
- Support implementation of activities such as meetups and events to bring new talents and more advanced talent into the GSG community, and help it to grow in WB
- Support on managing the community online communication channels ( FB groups) and help in managing the channels which facilitate community dialogue, including responding to community inquiries.
- Support the CARM focal point to share the Mercy Corps’ community accountability reporting mechanisms (CARM) make it usable from the community and accessible to theGSG community.
- Work with WB community team on expansion plans to new geographic areas
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Travel to various parts of West Bank, Gaza as instructed by GSG WB Program Manager, for activities support and follow up (including staying in locations overnight if needed)
- Other duties as assigned. Work beyond office hours may be required, without additional compensation.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: WB Program Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: WB community coordinator, WB Tech Community Coordinator, Gaza community team, Comms team, MC procurement and finance department.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Team members, service contractors, volunteers, and interns are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Qualification and Success Factors
- University degree in business administration, economic development, information management, or any other related field.
- Up to 2 years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skill
- Experience in social media content and design is a plus
- Understanding the differences between the social, political, and economic contexts of Palestinian communities, and a talent for communications with people across all levels of society.
- Strong Communication and language skills, Spoken and written in both languages Arabic and English
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to move around in the Westbank to run and organize sessions and events
- Strong listening skills, open to criticism and feedback
- Quick learner—GSG is a small program but growing rapidly. Just like our program, we seek staff who are adaptable and pitch in on what needs to be done.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required
- Proficiency in MS Office, Slack, Google products (Drive, Sheets, Docs).
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
الوظيفة : مساعد برنامج غزة سكاي جيكس في الضفة الغربية
البرنامج: غزة سكاي جيكس
الموقع: رام الله - الضفة الغربية (مع تنقل مستمر)
آخر تاريخ للتقديم: 10-مايو-2022
استمارة التقديم: HERE
غزة سكاي جيكس : تعتبر غزة سكاي جيكس هي أول حاضنة أعمال ومركز تكنولوجي ومساحة عمل مشتركة في قطاع غزة يقوم بتحضيرالمطوريين ورياديي الأعمال للمنافسة على مستوى عالمي. تم إطلاق المسرعة من قبل مؤسسة ميرسي كور وبدعم أولي من مؤسسة جوجل في عام 2011 ليقوم بربط العقول الموهوبة في قطاع غزة من خلال توفير المساحة والتدريب والتمويل والشبكات اللازمة من الموجهين والداعمين لخلق فرص عمل وتطويرريادة الأعمال والمساهمة في دعم الإبتكار في الاقتصاد الرقمي من خلال 3 برامج رئيسية : أكاديمية البرمجة و أكاديمية العمل الحر و برنامج تسريع المشارع الريادية. مع بداية عام 2018 بدأت غزة سكاي جيكس بالتوسع في الضفة الغربية و تنفيذ برامجها.
غزة سكاي جيكس تبحث عن شخص متميز يقوم بالمساعدة و الدعم في تنسيق وتنظيم فعاليات وأنشطة البرنامج في مدن الضفة الغربية المختلفة
المهارات المطلوبة في هذا الشخص
معرفة في البيئة التكنولوجية في الضفة الغربية، ويمتلك شبكة علاقات جيدة.
خبرة في تنسيق الفعاليات والأحداث
لغة انجليزية قوية وقدرة على التواصل باللغتين العربية والانجليزية
مرونة وقابلية للتعلم والتطور باستمرار
Qualified persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online HERE
no later than Tuesday, 10 May 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.