DAI is seeking highly qualified candidates for the following position:
Project: Technology for Youth and Jobs- TechStart
Expected start: ASAP
Level of effort: Full-time
Location: Ramallah, Palestine
Duration: One year- Renewed annually
Palestine Technology for Youth and Jobs Project-TechStart is a project for the benefit of the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technology (MTIT) of the Palestinian Authority, funded by the World Bank (WB), the European Union, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, and the Government of the Kingdom of Netherlands, and implemented by DAI Global UK as the Project Implementation Agency (PIA).
The TechStart project aims to shift the dynamic equilibrium of the Palestinian IT sector towards continuous upgrading of firms’ capabilities and employment growth. This will be achieved by strengthening the supply of firms’ capabilities, increasing demand from international buyers and investors, and stimulating the absorption of high-tech knowledge in the ecosystem. The project consists of four components tackling the supply side, the enabling ecosystem, and the demand side of IT services:
- Component 1 will strengthen the capabilities of firms and their workforces, addressing the capability shortfalls, information asymmetries, and other factors that dissuade firms from investing in capacity-building activities on their own. It targets firms and individuals that require upskilling to meet the need of buyers who expect suppliers to meet global standards.
- Component 2 will support the entry of new, complementary actors into the IT ecosystem, supporting the private sector to build the technology and business infrastructure that IT service companies rely on to compete, including finance. It targets private firms and entrepreneurs who already meet global standards.
- Component 3 will stimulate demand through international market linkages and will encourage foreign direct investment in the West Bank & Gaza.
- Component 4 will strengthen the capacity of the PIA and the MTIT by provision of management and implementation support to oversee the project.
DAI is looking to hire a qualified Communications Specialist for the TechStart project. The Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing the Project's communications strategy to achieve the following key objectives:
- Raise awareness in the Palestinian regional and international market about the support that TechStart can provide to IT services companies and other ecosystem stakeholders.
- Contribute to fostering strong engagement with potential and current beneficiaries, donor partners, and other ecosystem stakeholders through creative and timely communication campaigns and updates.
- Develop and implement a proactive, data driven, and structured approach to communications that allows for continuous learning and improvement.
- Promote the achievements and impact of the project in creative ways to raise the local and regional profile of the project.
The Communications Specialist will achieve these objectives by bringing creative new approaches to design and implement marketing and communication activities. These activities will support the ongoing programs under the Project and be a central building block for launching new activities.
- Develop, execute, monitor, and continuously improve a proactive and data driven communication strategy for the TechStart project.
- Disseminate on a regular basis, and as needed, TechStart project news, events and activities and ensure information reaches the intended beneficiaries.
- Produce content and marketing materials including work plans, factsheets, press releases, media posts, success stories, brochures, Q&As, web stories, blogs, presentations, reports, speeches and talking points, and PowerPoint presentations etc. in Arabic and English regularly and ensure these maintain very high quality.
- Liaise with technical specialists and analysts to develop content and ensure relevant information is publicized.
- Ensure effective responses to inquiries for public information materials.
- Monitor and manage media coverage of topics relevant to the project and share with the team as necessary.
- Proactively contribute with communication aspects both leading up to and after public events of TechStart project including roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launch events, site visits, etc.
- Monitor media mentions and communications for donor activities and non-donor related interventions similar to TechStart in the Palestinian ecosystem.
- Translate key communication documents to Arabic or English, as needed.
- Identify and compile best practices and lessons learned related to communications and information sharing.
- Maintain the project websites and social media channels and regularly update their content.
- Create and produce internal and external newsletters.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with journalists in multiple types of media outlets.
- Ensure all program branding and publications comply with the DAI and World Bank communications requirements and regulations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience, Competencies and Qualifications
- A relevant undergraduate or post-graduate university degree.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in strategic communications, advertising, event planning, media, public speaking and marketing for local, regional or international businesses or projects.
- Public relations and public speaking skills.
- Native Arabic, writing and speaking.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple assignments, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and proactive with problem solving skills.
- Has the ability to think creatively and critically, and to use own initiative to drive processes forward.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build effective working relations with colleagues and externally.
- Impeccable integrity, a positive and entrepreneurial attitude and readiness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- High proficiency in MS Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Reporting and Support
The post holder will be line managed by the Project Director of the TechStart Project.
To Apply: If you would like to be part of a dynamic project team and are interested in submitting your CV for consideration, please apply through the following link:
Individual position postings including job description and qualifications sought can be viewed at the link provided. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for additional information.
All applications must be received no later than Friday, November 17, 2023.
About DAI: DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.