Project: Technology for Youth and Jobs -TechStart and Innovative Private Sector Development -IPSD
Expected start date: January 2022
Level of effort: Full-time
Duty Station: Ramallah, Palestine
Duration: 1 year, renewed annually through the lifetime of the project
Palestine Technology for Youth and Jobs Project
Palestine Technology for Youth and Jobs Project-TechStart is the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technology (MTIT) Project funded by the World Bank (WB), and implemented by DAI as a Project Implementation Agency (PIA).
TechStart is a five-years, US$15 million project with the objective of increasing economic opportunities for IT service firms in the West Bank and Gaza. It also falls under the World Bank’s overarching objective to alleviate market failures related to gaps and binding constraints in the entrepreneurship ecosystem of the digital economy including in human capital, financing, product markets, enabling policies, institutional support, connectivity and competitiveness of Palestinian IT services sector.
Innovative Private Sector Development (IPSD) project
The Innovative Private Sector Development Project (IPSD) is a Ministry of National Economy project, funded by the World Bank and implemented by DAI. With a total budget of $22 Million over five years, IPSD’s main objective is to improve the economic opportunities for individuals and firms in the West Bank and Gaza through the development of the entrepreneurship ecosystem and expansion of technologically enabled innovative projects. It falls under the World Bank’s overarching objective to alleviate market failures related to gaps and binding constraints in the entrepreneurship ecosystem of the digital economy including in human capital, financing, product markets, enabling policies, institutional support, and connectivity.
IPSD supports start-ups and SMEs through improving businesses access and linkages to international and regional markets, developing a dynamic startup finance ecosystem, promoting government reforms and automating business registration, streamlining and providing a framework for home-based businesses, and developing a sustainable social impact outsourcing hub in Gaza.
DAI is looking to hire a qualified Communications Specialist, to oversee the communications efforts for both projects, including content writing, public relations, event management, advertising, marketing, communications with media to cover news and updates of both projects including social media channels. The Job holder will perform all the duties while abiding by the project’s policies and procedures to uphold the brand image.
Scope of work:
- Develop, execute and monitor a communications strategy for the TechStart and IPSD projects.
- Produce communication materials including press releases, media posts, success stories, brochures, Q&As, web stories, blogs, factsheets, presentations, speeches and talking points etc. in Arabic and English for internal and external audiences and disseminate properly
- Develop and maintain the websites and social media channels of both projects and update their content
- Create and produce content for internal and external disbursement, include internal newsletters
- Liaise with team technical specialists and analysts to develop content and ensure relevant information is publicized
- Ensure effective responses to inquiries about the projects
- Organize and manage public events of TechStart and IPSD projects including roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, site visits, etc.
- Ensure proper coverage of TechStart and IPSD projects in news and events.
- Monitor and manage media coverage of topics relevant to the project and share with the team as necessary
- Media monitoring for similar donors and agencies activities working
- Translate key communication documents to Arabic or English, as needed
- Identify and compile best practices and lessons learned related to communications and information sharing
- Develop and maintain working relationships with journalists in multiple types of media outlets
- Responsible for all publications, including ensure all program branding and publications comply with the DAI and World Bank communications requirements and regulations
- Provide support with technical advisors on communication materials as needed
- Assist in liaising with stakeholders to ensure proper coordination and information sharing for market and PR purposes.
- Provide any other support on content and communications as required by Project Directors.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience, competencies and qualifications
- A relevant undergraduate or post-graduate university degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in strategic communications, advertising, event planning, media, public speaking, marketing for local, regional or international businesses or projects.
- Native High level of Arabic writing and speaking, and
Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Detailed-oriented, highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple assignments, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and proactive with problem solving skills
- Has the ability to think creatively and critically, and to use own initiative to drive processes forward.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to build effective working relations with colleagues and externally.
- Impeccable integrity, a positive and entrepreneurial attitude and readiness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications mainly Word, Power Point, etc.
Reporting and support
The post holder will be working in both projects on a 50/50 basis and will be line managed by the Project Directors of both projects.
This ToR is indicative only and therefore subject to change.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below