Position: Communications Specialist
Location: Gaza Strip
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Communications Specialist for the USAID-funded Household WASH program in Gaza. The three-year program will improve human health, environmental health and livelihoods in vulnerable communities by increasing access to facilities and services for safe domestic water and improved sanitation. Priorities include: 1) Providing durable solutions to vulnerable communities, such as the establishment, extension or rehabilitation of water distribution networks and sanitation systems at the household and neighborhood levels; and 2) Increasing emergency WASH preparedness interventions to mitigate and reduce rainwater and sewage flooding risks in vulnerable communities.
The Communications Specialist specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops effective and innovative tools and systems to market the program to GHW’s target neighborhoods.
- Supports Chief Engineer, Social Inclusion Specialist, and the Public Health Specialist in developing GHW’s integrated WASH, health promotion and social inclusion strategies.
- Produces and manages Audio, Visual, and Digital Communications media Platforms
- Write press releases, fact sheets, success stories, articles, and others.
- Produce and manage media materials and content for the GHW website, infographics, blogs, and newsletters.
- Supports the development of household hygiene promotion materials.
- Interviews beneficiaries to develop success stories.
- Contributes to the development of the quarterly and annual reporting.
- Manages the distribution and correct usage of branding, marking and communications materials.
- Drafting, editing and publishing content through the digital communication channels (website, Facebook
- Adhere to the organization style guide, ensuring that GHW produces a high-quality and error-free copy.
- Collaborates with M&E team to develop lessons learned and best practice documents.
- Support and evaluate results of communication and public based events with the team.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Public Relations, Communications, Media Studies); Master’s degree preferred;
- Five years of relevant experience;
- Experience in working with international development organizations is preferred;
- Experience in working with donors and USAID-funded projects is a plus
- Experience or organizing media events, using various PR techniques and with a wide range of media outlets
- Strong computer, editorial, design, layout and publishing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple demands simultaneously
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written in both English and Arabic;
المسمى الوظيفي Communications Specialist
آخر موعد للتقديم 20 - Nov - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
التصنيف الصحافة والإعلام
To apply for the position listed above, please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Saturday November 20, 2021, indicating the position title and location. Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة مؤسسة مجتمعات عالمية - مؤسسة CHF الدولية
رام الله والبيرة
Area Engineers (2)
Field Engineer (3)
Senior MEL Specialist
Public Health Specialist
Social Inclusion Specialist
Chief of Party
20, Mar, 2018
Senior MEL Specialist
20, Mar, 2018