Caritas Jerusalem is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six Day War. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Communications Officer
Contract Period: One year with the possibility of renewal.
Location: Jerusalem, with work in the West Bank, and occasional visits to the Gaza Strip.
Reports to: The Secretary General
Starting date: 15th June 2020
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in media studies, communication or other related discipline
- 2 years’ experience in similar or related work
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English
- Familiar with the Christian Church in the Holy Land
- Jerusalem ID
- Clean driving license
- To develop and update Caritas Jerusalem’s profile and brand
- To ensure visibility of the organization and its projects locally and internationally
- To ensure media coverage of the news and events of the organization and its projects.
- To work in close cooperation with the departments for media coverage and visibility of their projects.
- To develop and maintain media and press network and partnerships with relevant organizations, media professionals and journalists for efficient and effective media coverage and organizational visibility.
- To develop and maintain updated web site and social media page
- To produce the annual report of the organization
- To provide secretarial assistance for the Secretary General
Any other tasks that the supervisor may reasonably request.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements listed are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected] and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, Tuesday May 21st 2020. Applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited for interview.