Caritas Jerusalem is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six Day War. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Communications Officer
Contract Period: One year with the possibility of renewal.
Location: Jerusalem, with work in the West Bank, and occasional visits to the Gaza Strip.
Reports to: The Secretary General
Starting date: 1st April 2020
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required education and competencies:
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in media studies, communication or other related discipline
2 years’ experience in similar or related work
Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English
- Familiar with the Christian Church in the Holy Land
- Jerusalem ID
- Clean driving license
- To develop and update Caritas Jerusalem’s profile and brand
- To ensure visibility of the organization and its projects locally and internationally
- To ensure media coverage of the news and events of the organization and its projects.
- To work in close cooperation with the departments for media coverage and visibility of their projects.
- To develop and maintain media and press network and partnerships with relevant organizations, media professionals and journalists for efficient and effective media coverage and organizational visibility.
- To develop and maintain updated web site and social media page
- To produce the annual report of the organization
Any other tasks that the supervisor may reasonably request.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected] and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected]g by no later than 4:00 pm, March 15th 2020. Applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.
Please note that candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.