The communications officer is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for communication tasks and public relations internally and externally
- Assuming responsibility for the development and implementation of BASR's communications policy nationally and internationally;
- Studying BASR deeply and developing the image of BASR for projecting it in society at the local, national, regional and international level.
- Initiating and contributing to a dynamic and effective public relations program;
- Interpreting and communicating BASR's policies, objectives and mission to the public;
- Developing annual reports, publications, and material to promote the work of BASR to international donors
- Coordinating closely with the Director of Program Development regarding all media, and communications activities including public relations activities and ensuring opportunities are capitalised on.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Working with departments and staff across the organisation (including community programmes) to devise and implement media plans and PR activity to promote BASR's goals, mission and projects and fundraising activities.
- Using creativity and flair to identify and maximise media and PR exposure.
- Using a variety of communications tools – including news releases, features, briefings, letters for publication, photo opportunities - to ensure that BASR's key messages are communicated effectively in a consistent and appropriate way.
- Writing media and communication plans and evaluate coverage against objectives.
- Leading on BASR's communications plan, ensuring a high profile for its work and appropriate promotional opportunities are maximised.
- Serving as an ‘ambassador’ for BASR in all external relations activity.
- Developing myriad creative channels for communicating the impact of BASR's work to potential donors and the general public.
- Overseeing the planning and implementing of media events for outreach and advocacy work.
- Managing BASR's web site (with support of the IT department) and social media portals, ensuring that web content supports and enhances BASR's promotional activities.
- Developing and utilising communication tools, including electronic newsletters, annual reports, press kits and brochures that inform the public about BASR's national programs and enhance its ability to raise private funds.
- Raising BASR's profile through community events and other local involvements.
- In collaboration with the DPD and senior staff, develop and implement a three year communication plan to support the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Writing and editing press releases, fact sheets and other media relations materials for use in BASR's advocacy campaigns around disability rights and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities;
- Create communication tools to use with major donors; and others.
- Acting as spokesperson for the organization.
- Responsible for developing the communications “footprint” in BASR's regional and district networks providing direction, counsel and support to department leaders and program managers.
- Provide a critical supporting role to the Director of Programme Development, assisting in the preparation of Corporate Communications’ contribution to BASR's corporate planning processes such as the five and ten-year strategic plan and the annual operating plan.
- Researching, developing and co-ordinating media campaigns assigned to the post holder on behalf of BASR, of one or more of its departments.
- Writing and editing press releases; articles for in-house and external publications, creating speeches and items for the organisation's website.
- Answering enquiries from individuals, journalists and other organisations and speak in public at presentations, press conferences or in media interviews.
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relations with the media, including local and national newspapers, magazines, radio and television.
- Offering media support, advice and training to the SLT members, Volunteers and staff regarding PR policies, practices, procedures, programs and actions.
- Organising special events such as press conferences, exhibitions, open days, tours, and competitions and generally helping to foster BASR's community relations.
- Serving, where appropriate, as a liaison between BASR and other related groups.
- Playing an active role and contributing to the overall development of the Programme Development Department.
- Collecting “Human Interest Stories” for reporting to donors and for publications on websites and in brochures
- Working with the SLT for developing appropriate strategies (in the form of action research – do, learn, plan, do better) for awareness campaigns (instructions, posters, counselling, movie clips) to tackle the problem of clients throwing garbage out of the windows into the compound.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The described position will be a very demanding job. The job features a very broad range of responsibilities and thus requires an all-rounder with the willingness and capability to expose themselves to new situations and new problems, never too tired to continue learning and searching for new and appropriate ways to overcome those problems. The job will require a lot of drive and initiative, great flexibility, a strong learning attitude and a great deal of professionalism in order to gain and maintain credibility in the eyes of colleagues and external stakeholders. In order to be able to fulfil the above outlined responsibilities the following professional and personal features seem important.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, international relations or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
At least 3 years professional experience in journalism, media relations, marketing, and/or fundraising preferably with exposure to international organisations or development cooperation
Interested candidates can send their motivation letter and CV to the following email: [email protected] no later than Monday: 27/1/2020, and indicating the name of the position in the subject line.
The full job description can be accessed on the following link: http://www.basr.org/jobs/CommunicationsOfficer.pdf
Applications will only be accepted via email, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BASR is an inclusive working environment.