Job Title: Communications Officer
Reports to: Managing Director
Work Hours: Sunday-(Thursday or Saturday) 8:00-16:30 Friday and (Thursday or Saturday) Off
Direct Reports: None
To develop, implement, maintain and report on Ritaj’s branding, communications and social media efforts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop, deliver, and implement high-quality communications and media strategy, in consultation with technical and operational RITAJ staff.
- Develop content supporting RITAJ’s business and services through digital, visual and text platforms.
- Manage all online platforms, including a WordPress website.
- Plan and ensure development of materials in English and in Arabic to reflect RITAJ’s activities.
- Ensure the faithful implementation of RITAJ’s branding and marking plan.
- Ensure understanding and compliance of RITAJ branding and visibility desires.
- Review and approve visibility materials destined for an external audience.
- Contribute significantly to project reporting, including writing reports. Provide required communications inputs to project reporting.
- Responsible for either leading or drafting sales and marketing collateral, press releases and other communication materials.
- Work with RTIAJ’s teams to ensure quality and appropriate content and provide review of all communication material produced and distributed by RITAJ; audio-visual and print.
- Cultivate relationships with relevant local and international media and other stakeholders.
- Represent RITAJ publicly.
- Support efforts in planning, budgeting, and administrative issues.
- May include travel throughout the West Bank.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field preferred
- Minimum two years experience in leveraging media, innovative technology and social marketing tools to deliver key messages
- Comprehensive knowledge of the West Bank media and technology landscape
- Proficiency with social media, mobile platforms and multimedia content required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills, and attention to detail required
- Full fluency in English and Arabic required, including writing and speaking.
- High comfort and tolerance to manage stress and role demands
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to provide leadership to a team and to work in a team environment
- Has interpersonal qualities necessary to generate enthusiasm, integrity and build consensus with direct reports and staff members
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, confidentiality, and dedication to the mission of Rita
This position may require occasional evening and weekend work, light travel, and working with challenging clients.
To apply send a cover letter, CV with 3 professional references, and salary history, in Arabic or English, to
with Subject: Communications Officer, no later than noon on March 28, 2018.