Project: West Bank & Gaza SMART Project
Expected start and end date: November 2021 – end of project
Level of effort: Full-time
Location: Ramallah, Palestine
The Small and Medium Enterprise Assistance for Recovery and Transition (SMART) project is a four year, USAID funded program implemented by DAI. SMART aims to rapidly recover Palestinian small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and put them on a path to revitalization following unprecedented crises e.g., COVID-19. SMART will help SMEs regain productivity, grow, and expand. It will promote economic growth and self-reliance in the West Bank and Gaza.
The Communications Manager will act as the project’s focal point in terms of internal communication between the projects’ departments and externally, with USAID, beneficiaries and media.
- Develop a Project communications strategy, ensure its implementation and maintain, update, and monitor the project’s presence on social media;
- Produce promotional material including success stories, brochures, interviews, lessons learned and other publications and facilitate their distribution to the relevant audiences;
- Provide content and pictures of all required program reports for USAID;
- Organize and manage the public events of the project and represent as needed at roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, site visits, etc.
- Maintain and update the project website on a timely basis;
- Manage/oversee technical aspects of subcontracting for production of communications materials in all mediums.
- Translate key communication documents into Arabic or English, as needed.
- Ensure that the project’s activities, events, and trainings are properly photographed, organized and well maintained.
- Assist the M&E Team in the monitoring and evaluation of the program activities;
- In coordination with the Quality Assurance and Planning Manager, ensure that USAID Branding and Marking standards and the requirements are implemented;
- Assist all Business Advisors in developing communications and outreach materials;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in relevant area or specialized certification, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 9 years of experience in strategic communications, advertising, event planning, media, or logistics and marketing campaign management for local, regional and international businesses or projects.
- Experience managing marketing accounts, preferably with USAID projects.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Native Arabic with fluent written and spoken English.
- The Communications Manager will report directly to the MEL & Communication Director.
To Apply: If you would like to be part of a dynamic project team and are interested in submitting your CV for consideration, please apply through the following link:
Individual position postings including job description and qualifications sought can be viewed at the link provided. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for additional information. All applications must be received no later than October 5, 2021.
About DAI: DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.