West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity
Location: Ramallah, West Bank
The West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities is seeking to hire a Communications and Reporting Specialist. The Active Citizenry Activity aims to increase citizens’ participation in civic life and support their efforts to advocate for positive changes, foster social and political advancement, and improve overall living conditions and prosperity. The Activity will support the civil society sector, Palestinian citizens, media organizations, and other relevant stakeholders to become more active in civic life, decision making and advocacy for citizens’ rights and demands.
The Communications and Reporting Specialist will be responsible for developing and delivering the project’s communications and reporting deliverables working closely with the technical team and under the supervision of the project’s MEL and Communications Director. We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
The Communications and Reporting Specialist specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the development of a rich content library including but not limited to factsheets, videos, personal stories, statistics, infographics, images, and other materials for use in both online and offline.
- Develop, implement and drive the project’s digital strategy, including the development of KPIs for digital communications, social media, and website.
- Ensure full compliance with applicable donor and USAID regulations and guidelines.
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of the project’s media and digital communications strategy.
- Manages the distribution and correct usage of branding, marking, and communications materials in accordance with the GC and USAID’ rules and regulations.
- Develops effective and innovative tools and systems to communicate the project’s activities and its messages to the different target groups.
- Write press releases, fact sheets, success stories, articles, and others as needed or requested by the COP or his designee.
- Produce and manage media materials and content for the USAID website, infographics, blogs, and newsletters.
- Develop and deliver project monthly, quarterly and annual reports, documents and updates on the project’s activities, challenges and results
- Maintain a register of donor reporting requirements and ensure that these are adequately met
- Contribute to the development of the quarterly and annual reporting
- Maintain current records in the database and develop mechanisms to enable sub-award tracking
- Support the team in managing the sub-award reporting requirements for partners and ensure full compliance with sub-award /grant reporting requirements
- Provide additional ad-hoc reports as required by the supervisor, the COP or his designee
- Develop positive and strong relationships with different project colleagues to ensure information collected for reporting and other requests from the supervisor, the COP and donors are accurate and timely
- Drafting, editing, and publishing content through digital communication channels (website, Facebook, etc.)
- Adhere to the organization style guide, ensuring that the project produces a high-quality and error-free copy.
- Collaborates with other colleagues from the MEL team to develop lessons learned and best practice documents.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Media Studies); Master’s degree in a related field is preferred;
- Seven+ years of experience in relevant roles, including experience leading the communication and reporting-related function (or sub-function)
- Experience in working with international development organizations is preferred;
- At least two years of experience in working with USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in media and public relations, brand management, internal communications, and partners/stakeholder management, preferably including experience in not-for-profit organizations
- Highly collaborative, with demonstrated ability to engage with colleagues with respect, and earn respect.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of the team in a complex and fast changing environment
- A proven track record in writing successful project reports, stories, fact sheets, articles, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated high-level organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands simultaneously and work under pressure with little guidance
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written in both English and Arabic;
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Monday October 24, 2022 indicating the position title and location.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.