The Communications and Outreach Specialist (COS) will work on two levels: (1) supporting grantees and other partners communicate their successes and other messages to communities and (2) helping to respond to Local Priorities communicate its achievements, successes, and analysis to USAID and other external audiences. The COS will also support the WB RR teams in identifying, designing, and implementing activities focused on communication issues or communications elements of other activities, such as grants. The position requires creativity and the ability to design and implement communications strategies targeting both international and Palestinian audiences of different social, economic, age, gender, and geographic backgrounds. This position reports to the Chief of Party or their designee and is expected to work closely and collaboratively with the rest of the team. The specialist may supervise one associate and is expected to oversee externally contracted consultants and service providers. The position can be at either the senior or mid-level depending on experience and need.
- Leads technical and other assistance to help project partners better communicate their successes with key target groups in their communities and nationally. Assistance could include, but not be limited to, consulting on communications strategies and products, conducting formal and "on-the-job" training, identifying and contracting with marketing and communications firms, and other similar assistance, working closely with project leadership and the technical team.
- Leads project communication and reporting to USAID and other external audiences, drafting communications strategies, and designing and producing presentations, reports, info graphics, short videos and social media posts, and other products designed to effectively communicate project success and achievements tailored to various external audiences.
- Oversees design, identification, and implementation of subcontracts and other agreements with external firms and consultants to support partner and project communication efforts.
- Drafts project reports, as required, including weekly, quarterly, annual reports, and work plans using MSI and USAID templates and formats, but also introducing creative ways of presenting required information.
- Ensure compliance with the project's branding and marking plan, for both the project and partners.
- Designs and produces products that analyze political, social, and other developments to help with the design of activities and keep project leadership and USAID updated on current developments. Such products should be produced quickly and presented in creative, easy-to-use, and informative ways.
- Provide other support and perform tasks as necessary to further the objectives of the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in journalism, communications, communication arts, public relations, or a related field required.
- Minimum of at least four years of experience in communications or a related field required, preferably working with a combination of the private sector, local and international thinktanks/CSOs, and/or government/international organizations.
- Knowledge of the political sensitivities and cultural considerations in the West Bank, as well as of U.S. government policies and sensitivities with respect to the Palestinian situation, highly preferred.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment required.
- Flexibility and demonstrated capacity to adapt to change required.
- Other desired skills include a) proactivity in solving problems independently and in a team; b) a strong service orientation; and c) assertive communication and emotional intelligence required.
- Ability to travel to activity sites throughout the West Bank as needed required and security situation permitting.
- Fluent, near native-speaker, English writing and speaking skills and Arabic language skills required.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below