The Communications and Outreach Officer (COO) is responsible for the conceptualization, design, and production of communication materials, including reports, result documents and special reports, among others. The COO will also support the program teams in identifying actions to enhance the effect of the activities and in the design and implementation of activities that are focused on communication issues. Additionally, this position supports outreach efforts for the program working in coordination with the Program Development Officer and Field Coordinators in the respective locations. This position is supervised by the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager (MELM) and based in Ramallah.
- Authors program reports as required, in English and Arabic, including biweekly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Guide the design and implementation of activities that are related to communications.
- Advise the program team on messaging to enhance the effect of activities.
- Coordinate with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Team and the technical teams to prepare documents that communicate the results of the program at various levels (i.e., activity, program, or strategy) as required by the supervisor or senior program leadership.
- Coordinate with the MEL Manager and Chief of Party (COP) to design the procedures, instruments, products, and actions that lead to the generation of internal and external outreach and learning.
- Coordinate with the MEL team to construct learning systematization products that act as a catalyst for internal (among project staff) and external actions (of partners and beneficiaries) based on the learning of the activities.
- Conduct training on USAID rules and regulations related to the development of communication materials and branding and marking requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the program's branding and marking plan.
- Train team members in techniques and tools that facilitate communication of results and promote the learning of participants in activities regularly.
- Work closely with staff to develop stories about program activities and accomplishments.
- Promote the generation of content and the exchange of information between teams and areas, in coordination with the MEL Team.
- Monitor techniques for collecting information on the context, products, results or impacts of the activities.
- Perform other tasks as necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, communication arts, public relations, or a related field required.
- Minimum of at least four years of experience in communications or a related field required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment required.
- Flexibility and demonstrated capacity to adapt to change required.
- Other desired communication skills include a) proactivity in solving problems independently and in a team; b) a strong service orientation; and c) assertive communication and emotional intelligence required.
- Ability to travel to activity sites as needed required.
- Strong communication and writing skills in English and Arabic required.