The Palestinian Association for Empowerment and Local Development – REFORM is a Palestinian NGO that works in the field of empowerment and local development, seeking to promote inclusion and social solidarity in Palestine through empowering marginalized hard-to-reach groups. REFORM aims to enhance the social and political participation of these groups and community activism, to facilitate equal access to public utilities through strengthening the capabilities of youth and women, and to provide a reliable database for the political and administrative decision makers in Palestine.
REFORM is currently looking to recruit a Communications and Media Coordinator for 12 months with possibility of extention in Ramallah. Kindly find below TOR for the positions:
Drafting of Publications, including:
- Press releases, monthly newsletters, brochures, invitations and event announcements, success stories, news updates and analyses, and annual reports, in English and Arabic.
- Must create and update a template for following all visibility guidelines of donors, ensuring logos and other disclaimers are used properly on all publications.
- Assist in finalizing translations of various publications and videos as needed.
- Updating social media networks and website with photos, videos, invitations, announcements, publications and regular update of blog (English and Arabic).
- Engage with online users and maintain consistent interaction. This includes responding to social media messages and comments and sharing events.
- Updating program and project information on the Association’s website.
- Submission of press releases to news agencies and provide link(s) to the Operations Unit.
- Participate in interviews with various local news agencies, representing the Association as needed.
- Develop new and interactive online tools to engage with the community.
- Develop a social media strategy.
- Ability to design infographics about REFORM.
- Ability to create new designs for activities’ photos and share across all social media platforms.
- Assist in coordination and preparation of meetings with local and international partners/donors.
- Assist in reaching out to new donors and partners.
- Taking meeting minutes and preparing presentations (PP).
- Preparing logistics for the Department’s events, ensuring they are well organized and implemented accorded to plan.
- Represent the organization during events/networking.
- Developing the Association’s networks and enhancing partnerships.
- Engage in fieldwork, including organizing focus groups in order to carry out a need’s assessment.
- Archiving properly on public share all edited and formulated publications.
- Assist in data collection for progress reports and annual reports.
- Update contact databases regularly (public share, Mail Chimp, excel sheet).
- Assist the Head of Department in preparing concept notes and proposals in Arabic.
- Assist the Head of the Department in any other requested tasks.
- Assist the Head of TSU in any requested tasks.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Media, English, or any related field.
- At least two years’ experience in similar role in similar organizations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills in communicating with the public.
- Advanced skills in using social media sites, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, as well as REFORM website.
- Advanced writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability to prepare reports, meeting minutes, press releases and different publications.
- Must have an eye for design, both print and web.
- Ability to translate from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Experience using WordPress or similar platforms is an added value.
- Outstanding interpersonal, networking and planning skills.
- Advanced capabilities in working within a team.
- Advanced multitasking and time-management skills.
- Advanced English language.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Skill in graphic design is an asset.
- IT skills are an asset.
The Media and Communications coordinator employee reports directly to the Development and Communications Officer.
Qualified candidates should send a copy of the following:
- An updated CV that corresponds to the needed requirements, please name the file (FullName_CV), including three professional references.
- A cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position in English. Please name the file (FullName_CL).
To the email address: [email protected]
Deadline for submitting applications is: Monday 04th of July 2022. 16:00 PM
- Please indicate the position title in the email subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- CVs with photos or any other distinctive signs will not be considered.
- Incomplete applications or applications that do not follow the instructions will not be considered.
- REFORM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages females to apply.