Background of REFORM:
The Palestinian Association for Empowerment and Local Development – REFORM is a Palestinian NGO that works in the field of empowerment and local development, seeking to promote inclusion and social solidarity in Palestine through empowering marginalised hard-to-reach groups. REFORM aims to enhance the social and political participation of these groups and community activism, to facilitate equal access to public utilities through strengthening the capabilities of youth and women and to provide a reliable database for the political and administrative decision makers in Palestine.
REFORM is currently looking to recruit a Communications and Development Officer in Ramallah. Kindly find below TOR for the positions.
Application Deadlines: Sunday 2nd of July 2023. 16:00 PM
Duty Station: Ramallah
Languages Required: Arabic, Fluent English
Starting Date: Immediately.
Expected Duration of Assignment: 12 months with possibility of extension.
Type of Contract: Full-time
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Fundraising/Proposal Writing/Donor Liaison
- The Development and Communication Officer supports the General Manager and Fundraising and Communication Advisor in ensuring that the association secures its annual funds, according to its strategic plan.
- The Development and Communication Officer supports the General Manager and Fundraising and Communication Advisor in reaching out to new potential partners and donors (local and international), creating a database and noting progress made towards establishing these partnerships.
- The Development and Communication Officer supports the General Manager and Fundraising and Communication Advisor when needed, in checking for calls for proposals that are in line with REFORM’s mandate and prepare the necessary concept note/needs assessment.
- The Development and Communication Officer shall give the General Manager and Fundraising and Communication Advisor support in collecting information to prepare a full proposal, including but not limited to: Local Context, Project Description, Goals, Objectives, Activities, Log Frame (outputs, indicators, etc.). Consult Operations Officer and coordinators for activities.
- Provide a list of activities and work with Project Officer and Accountant to develop the project budget for the proposed project.
- Set up and conduct meetings with potential donors and partners, and annual information sessions (at minimum), Keep files of meeting minutes properly archived.
- The Development and Communication Officer supports the General Manager and Fundraising and Communication Advisor in their role of being informed on all possible opportunities to fundraise, including crowd funding and awards, and prepared PowerPoint presentations.
- Updating social media networks and website with photos, videos, invitations, announcements, publications and regularly updating blog, news and stories, and publications. (English and Arabic).
- Engage with online users and maintain consistent interaction. This includes responding to social media messages and comments and sharing events and announcements.
- Updating program and project information on the Association’s website.
- Submission of press releases to news agencies and provide link(s) to the Operations Unit.
- Participate in interviews with various local news agencies, representing the Association as needed.
- Develop new and interactive online tools to engage with the community.
- Develop a social media strategy.
- Ability to design infographics about REFORM.
- Ability to create new designs for activities’ photos and share across all social media platforms.
- Ensure staff do not post messages that are not in line with REFORM’s mandate on their personal accounts.
Reporting and Management:
- Overall management of department, ensuring all employees are achieving their daily tasks.
- Participate in staff evaluation sessions as requested.
- Project coordinators shall submit quarterly progress reports and final reports to the communications unit. The Communications and Development Officer must collect and review these narrative reports in a timely manner to ensure all necessary information is present, including information related to monitoring and evaluation. Translation may be necessary (or correcting English), with the support of the communications assistant.
- Prepare and finalise the Association’s annual reports (in coordination with a designer), with support from the Media and Advocacy Coordinator/Communications Assistant. Please review previous annual reports to understand what is expected. (reform.ps/resources)
- Maintain updated, accurate and well-organised files on public share, including but not limited to: social media passwords, donor network, and status of submitted proposals, proposals and related annexes.
- Follow up closely on project contracts, ensuring communication and visibility guidelines are followed and all reporting due dates are committed to.
Drafting of Publications:
- Press releases, monthly newsletters, brochures, invitations and event announcements, success stories, news updates and analyses and annual reports, in English and Arabic.
- Must create and update a template for following all visibility guidelines of donors, ensuring logos and other disclaimers are used properly on all publications.
- Assist in finalising translations of various publications and videos as needed.
- Assist in coordination and preparation of meetings with local and international partners/donors.
- Preparing logistics for the unit’s events, ensuring they are well organised and implemented accorded to plan.
- Represent the association during events/networking.
- Participate in price analysis sessions as assigned, or in absence of Committee Members (Accountant, HTSU, purchasing employee).
- Support in strategic planning, development of theory of change and capacity-building of staff.
- Other tasks related to the above-mentioned duties, requested by General Director.
- Master Degree in Public relations, Strategic communication, Business Administration, Media, English, public administration or any related specialisation.
- Practical experience of not less than four years in development and communications in an NGO/INGO.
- Must be native in English, or at least very advanced (will be given an oral and written exam).
- Knowledge of Arabic (oral and written) is an advantage, only if English is native.
- Experience in public relations/ communications in similar organisations.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Advanced capabilities of working within a team.
- Ability to withstand working pressure.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Advanced skill in management.
- Proven experience on archiving and preservation of files.
- Knowledge of coordinating activities.
- Advanced creative writing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, networking and planning skills.
- Advanced capabilities in working within a team.
- Advanced multitasking and time-management skills.
- Advanced English language.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Skill in graphic design is an asset.
- IT skills are an asset.
The Communications and Development Officer employee reports directly to the General Director.
(1): Qualified candidates should send a copy of the following:
- An updated CV that corresponds to the needed requirements, please name the file (FullName_CV), including three professional references.
- A cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position in English. Please name the file (FullName_CL).To the email address: [email protected]
(2): Qualified candidates should fill out the following form for the vacancies: https://forms.gle/peU4fHKReXRkYaXr7
Deadline for submitting applications is: Sunday 2nd of July 2023. 16:00 PM
- Please indicate the position title in the email subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- CVs with photos or any other distinctive signs will not be considered.
- Incomplete applications or applications that do not follow the instructions will not be considered.
- REFORM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages females to apply.