Terms of Reference and Scope of Services
Palestine Ahliya University (PAU) is a private higher education institute registered under the license number 14/HE2C/072007/. PAU among other partner has received a Grant from the European Union under the umbrella of ENI CBC MED funding for a 30 months project entitled: U-Solve. Accordingly, PAU intends to apply part of this grant for the outsourcing and employment of a highly qualified Communication Officer.
Project Brief: U-SOLVE shifts the start-up creation process towards an entrepreneurial sustainable development strategy, which bridges active policy for supporting entrepreneurship with the implementation of sustainable development goals at urban level. The most urgent SDGs challenges in Mediterranean urban communities are forced into an open innovation pipeline that allows coalitions of entrepreneurial agents of change to emerge, creating qualified jobs and economic value, while supporting the transition towards a sustainable model.
Assignment Objective: PAU is now considering the selection of a highly qualified Communication Officer to be part of the project team responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of all project activities under the supervision of the Project Manager and the Projects Department.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of the project’s communication plan taking into account that PAU is the leader of Work Package 2; communication.
- Lead the development of the projects promotional and dissemination material to be used in advertising campaign in different media channels during the project lifetime. Promotional material will include printed brochures, roll-ups, info graphics, gadgets, etc.
- Organize community engagement events such as workshops and focus groups documenting including archiving process and results.
- Lead a Transmedial marketing campaign dedicated to the management and upkeep of social media accounts.
- Develop press releases and projects advertisements in both English and Arabic languages and disseminate widely on mass and social media.
- Create and activate group mailing lists and drop boxes including all partners to ensure proper communication channels.
- Lead the creation and dissemination of Story-telling short videos to be used as a communication tool not only to disseminate project activities but also to make start-uppers as real protagonists of the narration.
- Lead the production of the collective web TV connected with social media that will be the main tool of the storytelling strategy. It will tell the stories of the entrepreneurs involved, the strategic assets of the cities involved, the stories about the products and services also using a lot of users’ generated contents. The Web TV will be a repository on the web where collect all the videos production (mini docs, interviews, animated info graphics). It will be also used for streaming and communication among the partners.
- Construction of a storytelling map and storytelling labs; a storytelling map will be a map telling stories about work and life of new enterprises using photos, graphics and texts. Contents will be produced by each partner and supplied to WP leader. It therefore will mean video production, multimedia and audiovisual approaches which will be produced involving start-uppers through storytelling labs.
- Assist PAU project team and partners to organize a launching and closing events as well as management meetings.
- Assist the project team to draw up a sustainability strategy aiming to capitalize on the project’s approach and sustain its developed material and platforms.
- Coordinate project activities with the project team and ensure team coherence and synergy.
- Prepare project communication reports, TORs, agreements, letters, emails, meeting minutes, etc.
- Conduct other related assignment allocated to him/her by the project manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Media as a major or a minor, or any other related field.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in similar assignments including production of videos based on storytelling techniques.
- Excellent utilization of mass and social media.
- Excellent communication, team working, and networking skills.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Excellent technical and administrative skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language.
- Residence in or near the Bethlehem area is preferred.
Place of Work: Palestine Ahliya University
Contract Type: full or part time contracts will be considered based on the expertise and the availability of the selected candidate.
Application: Apply in person sending your CV and a covering letter, applicants may also send samples of their previous work (optional) to the following email [email protected] inserting Communication Officer position in the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 15/1/2021