Title: Communication Coordinator
The Jerusalem Legal Aid and Human Rights Centre (JLAC), is leading a consortium of 4 Jerusalemite human rights and legal aid organizations dubbed as the Jerusalem Human Rights Consortium (JHRC). The JHRC has received a three-year grant from the EU East Jerusalem Programme (2020 – 2022) pending extension.
We are looking for an enthusiastic communications professional, committed to Human Rights, and preferably with expertise in the realms of journalism and/or political communications to join our team as the JHRC Communications Coordinator. You will be working closely with the Consortium Director and the Consortium Senior Advocacy and Programme Support Coordinator, acting as the focal point for carrying out the Consortium external communications activities, and a major contributor to the implementation of its advocacy strategy and activities. In addition, you will analyse and present information for the Consortium team, and will oversee the proper and timely implementation of the Consortium activities, whether implemented by the Consortium team or through the Consortium partner organizations. You will contribute to increasing the efficiency of the consortium’s capacity to communicate its messages and disseminate its news and achievements to various stakeholders. To be the ideal candidate you will possess outstanding writing and presentation skills, some relevant experience in Human Rights or politics or international law, but most importantly a proactive approach to strengthening the effectiveness of Consortium Programmes to support the vulnerable Palestinian communities in East Jerusalem.
The Consortium Communications Coordinator is the primary focal point for partner programme teams for issues related to media and communications. You ensure communication plans; deadlines, internal policies and regulations are well understood and applied by partner organizations. Through your support, capacity of Consortium programme teams is strengthened. You ensure the timely and appropriate reporting of Consortium and partners’ activities to your counterparts in the Consortium team and for regular internal and donor reporting.
In close cooperation with the Consortium Director and the Senior Advocacy & Programme Support Coordinator you will be responsible for Communications, Media Relations, Events & Campaigns, Advocacy, Monitoring, Evaluation and Capacity building, Project Cycle Management, Reporting and Communications
Location: you will be based at JLAC’s Ramallah headquarters with frequent travel to Jerusalem.
Duration: Fixed-term, from April 2022 anticipated to Dec 2022 (extension dependent on funding)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in Communications in a local or international NGO.
- Proven experience in producing communications material (written & audio-visual)
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field;
- Experience in EU Funded programmes and/or in human rights or legal aid or international law;
Skills and experience:
o Knowledge of the Human Rights context in East Jerusalem and Palestine in general
o Knowledge of principles of Human Rights and international law
o Knowledge of the civil society and the NGO scene in Jerusalem and Palestine in general, is a plus
o Experience in local and international advocacy and lobbying is preferred,
o Experience in database management is a plus
- Strong narrative reporting and drafting skills
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including cross-cultural experience
- Good leadership skills and strategic orientation
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Excellent management skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written command of English is a must
- Excellent verbal and written command of Arabic is highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written command of French is a plus
o Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint is required
o Mastery of social media applications is required
o Good command of publishing and/or design software is desired
- Valid drivers’ licence is a plus
To be considered, applicants are requested to send an up-to-date CV, a motivation letter highlighting your suitability for the position, and when can you assume your new position, along with some previous work samples (including written material) to the following email address:[email protected]
Please make sure to include the job title (Consortium Communications Coordinator) in the subject line.
Deadline for applications:(15/03/2020 23:59 Jerusalem local time), applications beyond this deadline will not be considered. Due to the urgency of filling this post, applications will be processed on a rolling basis, and the position may be filled prior to the deadline, thus candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For the detailed ToR please find the attached file.