PRCS is looking for an experienced Communication and Media Manager to work at the PRCS HQ in Al Bireh. Applications are only received through the e-mail listed in this advertisement. Job details can be found on the PRCS website www.palestinercs.org
Job Title: Communication and Media Manager
The Palestinian Red Crescent Society is a national association with legal personality and is one of the components of the International Movement of the Red Cross and Red Crescent. PRCS works in the field of humanitarian work, relief, health and social services
- Lead the Media team with a clear vision and integrated work plans and objectives, including setting goals for the team and securing buy-in from key internal stakeholders
- Supervise and Contribute to the development and implementation of an evidence-based communications, media and advocacy strategy based on the PRCS’s policy.
- Produce communication materials, including in particular facts and figures, key messages, press releases, hotlines and web stories, videos and photographs, linked where possible to resource mobilization.
- Network and provide materials to media organizations and stakeholders during emergency operations.
- Establish strong and long-term relationships with media organizations, journalists and opinion leaders.
- Produce a monthly newsletter with highlights of key interventions, activities and achievements.
- Coordinate and deliver skills development and mentoring trainings to increase the communication capacity of the staff.
- Coordinate and share materials and information with key partners including ICRC, IFRC and Partners National Societies.
- Encourage and support the digital transformation and the use of digital communication and social media to disseminate messages and engage communities.
- Utilize communications role in resource mobilization efforts.
- Coordinate closely with PRCS’s program teams and department managers to structure, fact-check and follow-up on field operations data and research.
- Produce evidence-based online content for the website and other media, including news releases, features, reports, and social media posts, putting a human face on complex issues.
- Create high-value informative content and resources for internal and external use.
- Develop key messaging and talking points for advocacy initiatives.
- Maintain consistent editorial standards, including consistent style and voice across multiple platforms and types of content.
- Develop effective and strategic dissemination of advocacy and communications products.
- Build and maintain traditional and new media relationships to increase PRCS’s content exposure.
- Support strategic outreach to media, including drafting op-eds, and other media tools to raise awareness about thematic advocacy areas and urgent situations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in Media, Journalism, Social Sciences, or related studies as minimum.
- At least 7 years of experience in a managerial position in the media and communication sector.
- Exceptional critical thinking thrives on creative advocacy and strategizing solutions in the face of complex challenges and obstacles.
- In-depth and nuanced knowledge of the context in Palestine, including serious violations of international law that drive humanitarian needs.
- Excellent research and writing skills, and ability to distil technical and complex legal IHL norms into accessible rights and wrongs using rights-based messages that can be turned into clear calls to action.
- Experience converting primary, internal documents into compelling public- or donor-materials.
- Established network of journalists, writers and social media influencers.
- Strong critical analysis, interpersonal and deadline management skills.
- Excellent English Language Skills, both written and verbal, Native Arabic
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Technical specific knowledge of the drivers of successful media presence and communication campaigns.
- Previous experience working in large organizations (experience with international organizations is a plus).
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters with the subject “Communication and Media Manager” to [email protected] no later than 18/10/2022.