PRCS’s is seeking to hire Communication and media manager to work at the PRCS HQ in Al Biereh.
Communication and Media Manager
- Lead the Media and Communications team with a clear vision and integrated work plans and objectives, including setting goals for the team and securing buy-in from key internal stakeholders
- Supervise and Contribute to the development and implementation of an evidence-based communications, media and advocacy strategy based on the PRCS’s policy.
- Identify emerging behavior and trends to ensure adaptive, efficient and rapid advocacy.
- Coordinate closely with PRCS’s program teams and department managers to structure, fact-check and follow-up on field operations data and research.
- Produce evidence-based online content for PRCS’s website and other media, including news releases, features, reports, and social media posts, putting a human face on complex issues.
- Create high-value informative content and resources for internal and external use.
- Develop key messaging and talking points for advocacy initiatives.
- Maintain consistent editorial standards, including consistent style and voice across multiple platforms and types of content.
- Develop effective and strategic dissemination of advocacy and communications products.
- Build and maintain traditional and new media relationships to increase PRCS’s content exposure.
- Support strategic outreach to media, including drafting op-eds, and other media tools to raise awareness about thematic advocacy areas and urgent situations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Technical specific knowledge of the humanitarian and human rights sectors.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Excellent English Language Skills, both written and verbal, Native Arabic.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Media, Journalism, Social Sciences, or related studies as minimum.
- At least 7 years of experience working on evidence-based content,
- Exceptional critical thinking thrives on creative advocacy and strategizing solutions in the face of complex challenges and obstacles.
- In-depth and nuanced knowledge of the context in the Palestine, including serious violations of international law that drive humanitarian needs.
- Superb research and writing skills, and ability to distil technical and complex legal IHL norms into accessible rights and wrongs using rights-based messages that can be turned into clear calls to action.
- Experience converting primary, internal documents into compelling public- or donor-materials.
- Established network of journalists, writers and social media influencers with a focus on the humanitarian sector.
- Strong critical analysis, interpersonal and deadline management skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
Interested applicants should send their CV to the following address: [email protected] no later than 17/2/2021 and write “Communication and Media Manager Position” in the subject of their e-mail.