MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
Clinical Psychologist in the WEST BANK
Job Title: Psychologist
Job Location: Jericho – West Bank
Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Starting Date: ASAP.
Deadline: 07th March 2022
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
The purpose of MdM-S is to provide access to health care services, assist in the health needs of the most vulnerable population, denounce the violations of human rights, promote social mobilization and advocate for social and political changes, with a human rights-based approach and mainstreaming gender perspective.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been mainly focused on Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), Primary Healthcare and Advocacy.
In the West Bank, MdM-S is directly providing psychosocial support and to Bedouin communities in Area C and E1, and promoting community-based resilience activities. In collaboration with local partners, MdM facilitates access to primary healthcare and improves the capacity of primary education staff to integrate psychosocial and psychoeducational interventions in the schools, promote positive discipline and cope with stressful events.
MdM-S is launching a project to support integration of MHPSS into primary healthcare in Jericho.
The objective of this position is to provide trainings on developmental problems and disorders of children and adolescents, to elaborate tools, protocols and best practices, to carry out assessments, surveys supervisions and research, to participate of the humanitarian system and develop networking based on MdM-S methodology.
The psychologist will be part of a technical team, and also will support the implementation of mental health and psychosocial support activities in the target communities and schools of Jericho Governorate and East Jerusalem based on MdM-S methodology and under the supervision of the Field Manager/MHPSS Coordinator/General Coordinator.
This position will be supporting the team current work, with a special emphasis on supporting mental health and psychosocial support trainings for health workers and other actors, as well as collaborate with local and governmental entities.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
West Bank. The position will be based in Jericho City.
The selected candidate will work in coordination with the MHPSS technical team, under the direct line management of the Field Manager and the mission technical referent Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Coordinator.
- Develop, manage and implement capacity building activities on mental health and psychosocial support for children and adolescents
- Design tailored trainings on MHPSS topics for health professionals
- Elaborate pedagogic tools and materials for training activities
- Design and conduct supervision sessions for experienced professionals
- Carry out need assessment sessions, mapping resources and identification of gaps
- Design quality protocols based on pre-identified needs and humanitarian standards
- Elaborate reports on activities/projects lessons learnt
- Design survey tools for data collection
- Carry out research and draft technical inputs for advocacy / communication materials
- Organize awareness raising campaigns to raise awareness to the community on MHPSS issues
- Occasionally, participate online in awareness raising activities in Spain and other countries
- Support in the elaboration of Standard Operative Procedures.
- Implement and contribute to develop quality assurance measures and tools.
- Support on MHPSS programming and contribute to the design of new project proposals.
- Assist in the analysis of the data collection and reports both quantitatively and qualitatively.
-Contribute to the elaboration of monthly follow up reports
- Continuously assess, monitor and evaluate the project(s) needs
- Contribute to the preparation of project(s) activities and annual budgets
- Elaboration of internal and externals (donors, cluster, governmental institutions) reports
- Participate in project(s) technical justification
- Implementation and regularly update of the project intervention database(s)
- Projects follow up, including financial follow up and liaise with partners and authorities, under the coordination and support of the General Coordinator, MHPSS coordinator and HQ in Spain
- Participate in relevant platforms/networks/clusters focused on MHPSS theme, upon request
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of collaborative relationships within Mental Health System and other key partners and organizations, including service providers.
- Coordination with other INGOs, NGOs and CBOs
- Encourage advocacy actions among stakeholders, based on MdM-S protocols
- Collect information for the advocacy the advocacy line of the organization
- Perform additional duties upon request by the Psychosocial Coordinator / FM / MHPSS Coordinator / General Coordinator
- Oran and written translation from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic when necessary
- Attend MdM-S team meetings providing qualitative inputs
- Prepare, if necessary, contingency plans with MdM-S team
- Elaborate articles about MdM-S interventions
- Respect MdM ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries. - Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo
- Respect MdM-S members and organigram
- Work as part of a team and participate in different activities
- Demonstrate motivation at work
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities
- Ability to accept feedback and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment
- Report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct and PSEA policy
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Clinical psychologist profile and/or experience with working with health professionals
▪ Counselling background or expertise
▪ Strong knowledge about MHPSS interventions with children and adolescents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
- Advanced Mental Health degree is an asset
- Training on psychotherapy for children and adolescents is an asset
- Training on pedagogic methodologies or communication skills
- Gender studies, MHPSS in (post) conflict environment, Human Rights and/or Protection courses are assets
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with local NGOs or INGO in a similar position or public institutions, in the MHPSS sector
- Experience working with health professionals
- Experience as psychotherapist is an asset
- Previous experience capacity building activities design and provision
- Demonstrated experience in projects’ monitoring and evaluation is an asset
- Empathy, strong communication skills and assertiveness
- Report writing skills
- Organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Leadership skills and teamwork
- Problem/conflict resolution skills and constructive communication of needs
- Be familiar with alternative and participative training methodologies will be considered
- Training delivery and public speaking skills
- Cultural sensitivity, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Native Arabic and fluent English (spoken, reading and writing).
- Microsoft Office package (especially Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
Salary scales of Médicos del Mundo in the oPt will be applicable to this position.
المسمى الوظيفي Clinical Psychologist
آخر موعد للتقديم 07 - Mar - 2022
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
التصنيف الطب والتمريض والصحة العامة
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV, contact details of 2 references, and a one-page motivation letter in English to [email protected] before March 07th, 2022 indicating in the subject: Clinical Psychologist
Only complete applications who fulfil the requirements will be considered.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities. No candidate with a valid profile will be excluded because of a functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons. functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MDM Spain منظمة أطباء العالم - إسبانيا
6, Sep, 2021
Procurement and Logistic Officer
16, Aug, 2021
Sexual and Reproductive Health and GBV Officer
5, Jul, 2021
21, Jun, 2021
Procurement and Logistic Officer
21, Jun, 2021