An-Najah National University Hospital (NNUH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Clinical Microbiology Technologist
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
To provide service to the medical community and patients by performing requested microbiology and serology tests in a timely manner and fostering a learning environment for students, residents and new employees rotating through the Microbiology laboratory.
- Perform and interpret appropriate stains, biochemical tests, serologic tests, etc., on a wide variety of organisms obtained from various specimen sources such as blood, urine, stool, tissue, etc. which have been requested for any of the following: aerobes, anaerobes, mycobacteria, mycology, parasitology, virology and serology.
- Perform quality control procedures and maintain such records, resolve discrepancies arising from such tests and document all corrective measures taken.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation such as blood culture system, and Vitek 2.
- Perform and interpret a variety of serological and immunological tests for antigen and antibody detection.
- Perform and interpret appropriate antibiotic susceptibilities.
- Enter patient test results using the hospital information system.
- Participate in ongoing continuing education.
- Required to communicate matters of technical importance to physicians, staff and customers on multiple systems as is appropriate
- Teach new employees and medical technology students microbiologic/serologic procedures and technique.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Registration with the Palestinian Association of Medical Technology
- Authorization from the Palestine Ministry of Health.
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application No later than 26 December, 2021