CNFA is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a Climate Smart Agriculture Specialist position for the USAID Effective Management of Irrigation Water Activity. The purpose of this activity will be to work with farmers in the West Bank and Gaza (WBG) to improve climate-resilient conservation and management of freshwater resources and associated ecosystems by increasing the availability, quality, and environmental resilience of drinking water supply sources. The duration of this Activity will be four years.
Reporting to the DCOP, the Climate Smart Agriculture Specialist will provide technical leadership and guidance to the water team related to the framework of Climate Smart Agriculture. S/he will develop strategies that promote adoption of climate smart agriculture practices and technologies. S/he will also supervise the Climate Smart Agriculture Officer. The Climate Smart Agriculture Specialist will be based in the West Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as an advisor on climate change and agriculture, coordinating with USAID mission and/or other USG in-country staff.
- Build institutional capacity by acting as subject matter expert to enhance training and extension within climate-related agriculture initiatives (i.e., curriculum review, development of resource library, etc.)
- Develop a model business plan for smallholder farmers' use of irrigation equipment for target crops.
- Contribute to the detailed project work plans in line with the budget and in collaboration with relevant units to ensure successful implementation of the project in accordance with relevant national and international technical standards.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on climate-smart agriculture practices to farmers, agricultural cooperatives, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct assessments to identify suitable climate-smart technologies and practices for different agro-ecological zones.
- Develop and deliver training programs, workshops, capacity-building activities related to climate-smart agriculture.
- Facilitate the adoption of innovative and sustainable agricultural technologies that are resilient to climate change.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with local communities, farmer groups, and relevant organizations.
- In collaboration with the irrigation specialist:
- Support the development and implementation of sustainable water management plans for irrigation schemes and agricultural areas.
- Promote water-saving technologies and practices to improve water-use efficiency in agriculture.
- Participate in grants design, selection of services providers and/or grantees, monitor the project implementation.
- Counsel grantees in terms of efficient water usage, irrigation frequency and best practices in pesticides and fertilizers use that may increase a farmer’s productivity and decrease the cost.
- In collaboration with the MEL team:
- Collect and analyze data related to the adoption of climate-smart agricultural practices and their impact on agricultural productivity and resilience.
- Prepare regular progress reports and contribute to project reporting requirements.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture, Horticulture, Natural Resource Management, Biology or climate adaptation or mitigation, environment, or a related field; master's degree preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in a similar role; or combined area of study including work experience will be considered.
- Experience with mainstreaming climate change into agriculture programs and humanitarian assistance programs.
- Exposure to and/or implementation of USAID or other international development programs.
- Experience with, or awareness of, stakeholder mapping, outreach, and engagement.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic required.
CNFA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER It is the policy of CNFA to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, veteran status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION & CONTACT INFORMATION CNFA provides a reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact the CNFA Home Office Human Resources Department via email at [email protected] or via phone at 202-296-3920 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below