PROGRAM/DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: -
Gaza Sky Geeks (GSG) is Gaza’s leading co-working space, tech education hub, and startup accelerator, run by Mercy Corps, a nonprofit international relief and development organization with programs in the occupied Palestinian territories since the 1980s. Mercy Corps founded GSG in partnership with Google.org in 2011. We bring together online freelancers, outsourcers, and startup founders together under one roof to share ideas, best practices, code, and build brighter futures through the power of the internet. Gaza Sky Geeks’ overarching goal is to build an internationally competitive technology ecosystem in Gaza through online freelancing, outsourcing, and startups.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY: -
Mercy Corps’ Gaza Sky Geeks program recently launched a commercial Digital Agency to connect graduates of GSG coding and freelancing programs with customers for their digital services abroad. During its first phase, the digital agency has successfully engaged with a number of international clients, from VC backed startups and social enterprises based in London, to US health tech companies. The digital agency is now ready to scale and grow both our team in Gaza and the number and size of our international clients.
To support this growth, GSG is seeking to hire a Gazan client relations manager. This is based on the expectation that as the client portfolio and volume of incoming leads grow, the Agency will require an individual with full-time capacity to manage leads, customer service and client relations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: -
The role is full time and situated on site in Gaza Sky Geeks.
- Daily management of prospects and client communications via a Hubspot-connected mailbox.
- Daily standup with Engineering Manager / Freelance Program Officer to synchronize client communications
- First calls with prospects, funneling of projects to either in-house development team or Freelance Program Officer
- Initial training by outside expert on best practice and processes for client satisfaction
- Daily coordination with Engineering Manager on ongoing projects and client relations
- Regular coordination with Freelance Program Officer on leads and contracts
- Weekly checkup with customer service consultant
- Draft an action plan to improve client response times (first 4 weeks)
- Draft an action plan for client follow-up; both satisfaction and secondary sales opportunities (first 4 weeks)
- Action plan for regular outreach and client communication activities (first 4 weeks)
- Finalize any outstanding policy, process and automated work tasks developed in coordination with the consultant (ongoing)
- Develop monthly reports on lead and client satisfaction, response time (metrics to be determine and set up in coordination with consultant) (ongoing)
- Assist agency leadership in identifying new marketing channels, leads (through existing customers) and opportunities (ongoing)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Business Administration, ICT, engineering, or any other related field, with a demonstrated record of interest and contemporary knowledge in his/her field.
- Fluent English language proficiency
- Experience working and dealing remotely with clients
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- At least 1-2 years of proven relative work experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, Slack, Google products (Drive, Sheets, Docs). GSG does not use email internally. We use Slack.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required;
- Ability to work in a flat, fast paced environment with others who are passionate about supporting Gaza’s technology ecosystem
- Comfort with uncertainty and change—GSG is a small program but growing rapidly. Just like our program, we seek staff who are adaptable and pitch in on what needs to be done.
- Strong listening abilities in order to understand the needs of Gaza’s freelancing community and GSG’s tech community
- Superb attention to detail
- Positive attitude and passion for your work
- Proactive, get-stuff-done mentality that always prioritizes outcomes, not just inputs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- Excellent time and organizational management skills;
- Up to date knowledge of technical and industry developments.
Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
If interested, submit an application online here. No later than Thursday, 22 November 2018.
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to complete the application .Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.