Civil Society Institutional Dev. Specialist & Gaza Team Lead
Civil Society Institutional Development Specialist and Gaza Team Leader
West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity
Location: Gaza City, Gaza Strip
The West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity (The ACA) funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities is seeking to hire a Civil Society Institutional Development Specialist and Gaza Team Leader. The ACA aims to increase citizens’ participation in civic life and support their efforts to advocate for positive changes, foster social and political advancement, and improve overall living conditions and prosperity. The ACA will support the civil society sector, Palestinian citizens, media organizations, and other relevant stakeholders to become more active in civic life, decision making and advocacy for citizens’ rights and demands.
The position will have a combination of technical and leadership role in support of the Active Citizenry operations in the Gaza Strip. We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
- Conduct organizational needs assessment for the potential partners from the Palestinian civil society organizations (CSOs) and Community Based Organizations (CBOs) in the Gaza Strip Oversee the design and implementation of the capacity strengthening process for the partner CSOs and CBOs. This includes internal governance, management, programming, financial management, monitoring and evaluation, and selected technical areas, including advocacy, social inclusion, and media.
- Participates in the design and implementation of activities with partner organizations. Provide direct technical assistance to the assigned CSOs and/or CBOs in accordance with their needs and priorities and the project’s mandate.
- Ensure that program activities are designed and implemented with proper consideration for issues related to inclusion of women, youth, the disabled, and other underrepresented groups from across the Gaza Strip. Responsible for effective written analysis, reports and oral presentations on the program’s operations in Gaza as requested by the supervisor.
- Contribute to project deliverables in the Gaza Strip, including annual workplans, and quarterly and annual reporting as well as MEL related deliverables.
- Lead the ACA’s team in Gaza representing the technical, communications, MEL, compliance, and operations staff. In this capacity, working with their technical supervisors in Ramallah, coach them and provide the support they need to help them fulfill their roles on the project.
- Work closely with project leadership in Ramallah to integrate lessons learned and learning from the Gaza operations into the project workplan, M&E system, and into job descriptions and individual performance goals.
- Guide and facilitate collaboration with/across key stakeholders to regularly identify and capture lessons learned from the implementation of program activities.
- Represent Global Communities and overall program interests as necessary and appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers, and partners. Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns in close collaboration with the supervisor and/or COP.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a related discipline (Public or business Administration, Sociology, Political Science, or international development related field) with a minimum of 8 years of experience in capacity building to local CSOs; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to Public or business Administration, Sociology, Political Science, or international development with a minimum of 10 years of experience in capacity building to local CSOs
- At least five years of experience in a related field, such as governance, civil society or gender support.
- At least five years or experience in leadership position in similarly sized, international donor-supported programs, preferably with USAID.
- At least 3 years of management/supervisory experience is required.
- Knowledge/Experience with USAID contract rules and regulations strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and present technical information clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, stakeholders, CSO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Proven ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams is desired.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both oral and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the agreement is desired.
- Languages: Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic are required.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Saturday November 5, 2022 indicating the position title and location.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.