Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad Enabel offers solutions addressing pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality, and Global Citizenship. With 1,500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel Palestine is seeking to recruit a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of a Field Officer. This person will be a member of Enabel team working for "Schools Construction, rehabilitation and equipment in the Palestinian Territory - Phase IV". s/he will be working at the Enabel office in Jerusalem. The period of assignment is 1 year (extendable).
Under the supervision of the Intervention Manager and in close collaboration with the National Technical Advisor, ensure the smooth implementation of infrastructure works activities (schools and public spaces) by ensuring pro-active quality control, budget and schedule monitoring and facilitating decision making.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
Results area 1: As Quality Controller
Ensure works implementation control and reporting in order to ensure their quality and timely implementation.
• Support and control the work of supervision consultants:
o Visit all sites regularly,
o Control that works are matching the contractual specifications and are properly documented,
o Contribute to problem solving and decision making,
o Monitor and revise the progress reports submitted by the consultants, controlling their quality,
o Guarantee that work plans are respected, by following, updating and pro-actively managing the works schedule,
o Organize and attend at least one weekly worksite meeting per area
o Support the preliminary technical, provisional and final acceptance of works by inspecting the works and ensuring remarks and snag lists are properly drafted by consultants,
o Ensure the works are properly documented by obtaining and filing all documents related to the works implementation:
- Ensuring a uniformity of forms/templates among consult-ants
- Filing all contractual exchanges (Request for Information forms, submittals/technical sheets, approvals), deci-sions/approvals by email, etc.
- Ensuring the works are properly photographed by consult-ants and contractors and these pictures are gathered and filed in a systematic way.
• Contribute to monitor and to amend the contractual framework:
o Ensure that works budget forecast is closely monitored and managed,
o Contribute to draft variation orders and contract amendments, provid-ing a justification of the needs and analysis of market,
o Contribute, where needed, to unit price analysis and verify the market value of unit prices for new items,
o Monitor the performance bonds deadlines and ensure they are timely extended if necessary,
• Ensure the timely processing of progress payments and final payments of consultants and contractors:
o Anticipating the review of implemented quantities and timesheets,
o Ensuring all necessary supporting documents (e.g. measurement sheets) are pro-actively prepared, agreed and reviewed by the mo-ment progress and final payments are submitted by contractors to Enabel.
Results area 2: As Assessor:
Support to the procurement of new contracts in order to ensure their quality.
• Preparing terms of references of works/design contracts
• Reviewing design consultant’s deliverables
Contextual factors impacting the function:
o Works to be monitored will be situated in schools and public spaces in East Jerusalem, on both sides of the separation wall.
o Position is based in Jerusalem, but with very frequent travel to sites.
Complementary responsibilities on top of generic Job architecture
10% - Support to procurement of new projects (preparing tenders of works/design and reviewing design consultant’s deliverables)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent
• Min 5 years postgraduate specific work experience
• Experience in construction and rehabilitation works supervision
• Valid Israeli driving license
• Software/IT skills:
o Extended knowledge of Autocad and MS. Excel
o Microsoft office
o MS project
Specific competences or knowledge considered an asset:
• Permanent residency in Jerusalem a strong asset
• Experience in heritage conservation
• Knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering
• Experience in solar PV panels
• Master’s degree in civil engineering or related field
Hebrew is an asset
We offer you
• A fascinating job in an international environment.
• Missions in the West Bank are expected.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales
(Class 4), and a 13-month bonus. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant
recognised experience for the function.
Are you interested?
Apply online and include your updated CV and motivation letter, at the latest by 07 June 2021.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.