“Paid Internship – Civil Engineer”
SIX (6) MONTHS
VNG is implementing Area “C” Resilience Development (ARD) Initiative Project. The project is largely co-financed by the European Union which aims at enhancing Palestinian Local Authorities contribution to governance and development processes in Area C, and partially funded by IDEAL- Palestine Programme, which is funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Whereby VNG will offer an Internship for candidate technicians in order to assist with expediting the project activities and service delivery relevant to Khallet Al-Mayya village council empowerment and support their capacities within the ARD project. This internship will also qualify the intern to obtain the necessary practical and on the job training for his/her technical qualifications which is a requirement of future employability opportunitites through which the Intern is seeking.
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Develop a detailed plan for building licenses
- Setting and following up all the drawings related to buildings for the purpose of obtaining building licenses to ensure that they are in accordance with the building regulations and laws.
- Receive building requests / licenses from citizens, respond to their inquiries, and provide technical support to them.
- Follow up the construction / building operations that occur in the geographical scope of the council and work to develop a working mechanism that leads to the reduction of building violations to the lowest possible level.
- Conducting the necessary studies and analyzes related to the different construction / building cases and proposing appropriate solutions in accordance with the instructions and laws regulating this field.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- BSc Civil Engineering (Minor Surveying and Geomatics Engineering), recent graduate with honor degree.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Auto CAD, Auto Desk, and Arc GIS.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fast learner, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organized and motivated
- Residing in Hebron area.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] , which includes university certificate, CV and cover letter, no later than 30th January 2020 at 16:00PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Internship – Civil Engineer” Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.