Request for CVs for
Civic Engagement Specialist "CES”
Country: State of Palestine
Name of Project: Hebron Regional Wastewater Management Project- Phase I
Project ID No.: P117449
Duration of Contract: 1 year extendable
The Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) is looking for a specialist in the subject of Civic Engagement to work within the community engagement program for the Wastewater Management Project in Hebron. The Civic Engagement Specialist will be the main link between the project manager, the Civic Engagement implementer/s, and with local communities, thus facilitating project implementation processes. He/She will be responsible for managing the implementation of all civic engagement activities in the project and will play a key role in promoting the participation of citizen and community organizations. He/She will report to the project manager. The job requires the ability to work under pressure and to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Managing the implementation of the project's civic engagement activities considering the developed civic engagement implementation plan.
- Design, as necessary, additional CE components to the civic engagement implementation plan.
- Maintain good contact and close partnerships with local communities, municipalities, civil
society organizations, and other public institutions and community groups.
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to civic engagement activities promoting community engagement in Hebron project.
- Organizing and follow up all civic engagement events and provide suggestions on enhancing existing and for new civic engagement activities.
- Act as PWA representative during the procurement, logistics, all needed financial process between the project manager and the activity implementers.
- Evaluate activities and provide periodic reports to the project manager of the Hebron Regional Waste Water Managements Project (HRWMP) and other relevant stakeholders as needed.
- Undertake stakeholder consultations (public hearings/meetings, household surveys and community focus groups, study circles, community task forces).
- Manage the media activities of the project by preparing content, messages, selecting proper media tools and follow media designs and digital media productions.
- Support in the design and maintain electronic connections (SMS information flows, websites and social media pages).
- Developing website and social media content that are consistent with the civic engagement objectives.
The CES will be working in close coordination with the PM for the project. The TOR is available on the PWA website: WWW.PWA.PS under advertisements.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in international development, public administration, communication, business administration, social work, public relations, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience and demonstrated success working in local government or civil society or private sector, and/or on similar donor-funded programs and/or projects.
- Proven ability to foster cohesion among different groups in Palestinian communities.
- Proven ability to engage women, youth, and other marginalized populations in community development activities.
- Very strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in public relations, communication, awareness, media, project managing) or any related experience.
- Fluent Arabic and English required.
- Substantial and diverse experience in all facets of citizen engagement programs and proven ability to conceptualize, design and implement major campaigns, strategies or programs.
- Demonstrated awareness and ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences and to otherwise cultivate effective, productive client relationships/partnerships.
- Previous experience in Water/ Wastewater is a plus.
Time Frame and Type of Contract
The Civic Engagement Specialist CES is expected to start his/her duties as soon as possible, renewable annually until completing the DSI, in a full time base contract. (The CES is expected to work both in PWA offices-Hebron as well as on sites).
المسمى الوظيفي Civic Engagement Specialist
آخر موعد للتقديم 10 - Mar - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
The application should include a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter showing the suitability for the position (in English). The application should be submitted to the attention of Eng. Murad Fuqaha (Email: [email protected]) no later than Date: March. 10, 2021
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة سلطة المياه الفلسطينية
M&E Specialist اخصائي الرصد والتقييم
Financial Specialist اخصائي مالي
Bulk Water Supply Unit Manager مدير امدادات المياه
Site Manager –Civil Engineer مدير الموقع
Occupational Health and Safety Specialist
Senior Admin and Finance Control Specialist
Social Safeguards Specialist
رام الله والبيرة