Position Title: Civic Engagement Coordinator
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: program officer
project duration: 18 month
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Currently, MA’AN has been working on implementing a project of “Strengthening the influence of Palestinian Refugees on their living conditions (PART)” funded by GIZ. The project supports young women and men (under 35) in Gaza Refugees Camps to exert influence on and design their living environments. The project will support for enhanced psychosocial stability and agency of young women and men in order to ensure willingness and capacity of active social participation and influence on their own living environment. The project includes to facilitate opportunities of active participation of young women and men, accompanied with capacity building packages enabling for effective and equitable social participation. Enhancing networking on all levels has been considered as a pillar to achieve the exertion of influence and the agency of the Palestinian population that is related to their living condition.
MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified civic engagement coordinator to manage for efficient and effective implementation of the civic engagement and social participation activities. The civic engagement coordinator will work under the direct supervision of MA’AN Program Officer.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and implementation of the civic engagement strategies and activities as defined in the project documents.
- Supervise and work closely with the community mobilizers to ensure efficient and effective implementation process.
- Support the community engagement team to promote productive interactions between communities, civil society, municipalities and duty bearers to facilitate upward flow of information on community needs and priorities.
- Develop and follow up the implementation of the activities outreach plan considering the available budget and resources
- Write the regular progress reports and any reports requested by direct supervisor
- Contribute to, donor reports, success stories, and other required deliverables.
- Ensure the proper documentation of the community engagement activities and develop the necessary forms and records to ensure the smooth and timely sharing of information.
- Document findings, outcomes and recommendations from the activities that support for the development of the community engagement program
- Perform any other related tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate field (development studies, social sciences, democracy, etc…). Master degree is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of proven job experience in civil society, community development, local governance and community engagement programs.
- Strong understanding of concepts, issues and techniques related to grass roots engagement, social development and local governance.
- Strong communication skills and networking abilities with a wide range of institutions and diverse community groups
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values
The interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three reference by email to [email protected] no later than 27th December 2018 at 04:00 PM
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email