The purpose of the Refugee Camp Improvement Project (PALCIP) funded by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is to strengthen the capacity of DoRA and other beneficiaries for facilitating participatory and inclusive camp improvement activities through planning and implementation of pilot projects. Through this process, the Project attempts to establish Camp Improvement Forums (CIFs*), so that the DoRA and camp residents will be able to manage camp affairs in inclusive and participatory manners in the future.
*CIF: A camp improvement forum is a participatory framework in a target camp which consists of a Popular Committee, community-based organisations, and other relevant community groups in order to maximise inclusiveness and accountability in the camp.
PALCIP has commenced its activity in Jalazone Refugee Camp as the target camp in this year and will establish the CIF of the camp. As the administrative function of CIF, PALCIP will procure a coordinator for CIF as the below conditions.
Conditions of Contract
- Type of Contract: Service Agreement (full-time)
- Position: Coordinator of Camp Improvement Forum (CIF) in Old Askar Refugee Camp
- Contract Period: one year (April 2018 – April 2019)
Qualifications for the CIF Coordinator
- Academic Qualification: Medium Diploma or higher
- Work Experience: Minimum 2 years in coordination and administrative works
- Language: Arabic and English
- Residence: Must be a resident in Old Askar Refugee Camp
- PC skill: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Others: Having experience as a facilitator/ facilitation skill is preferred
Terms of Reference (TOR) for the CIF Coordinator
The Coordinator shall understand the concept of the PALCIP and the Terms of Reference of the CIF in Old Askar Refugee Camp. The Coordinator provides his/her expertise to PALCIP and CIF honestly, and works in a closed collaboration with the Department of Refugee Affairs and the Popular Committee. Scope of work is listed below.
- Prepare the CIF meetings: arrangement of venue, invitation to the CIF members and stakeholders
- Prepare necessary reports (admin, accounting, etc…) on the various CIF activities
- Prepare memos of meetings and workshops, file them and circulate them to all the stakeholders
- Create a website of CIF using SNS and manage it under the instruction of DoRA and JET.
- Interpretation (between English and Arabic) for Japanese experts
- Assist PALCIP in the training courses which are conducted in the camp
- Assist in the activities of the CIF and other refugee camps in Nablus Governorate and public relations as necessity arises
- Other assistance for activities by Japanese experts and the counterparts
- Follow-up activities (coordination with donor and implementing partners, fund raising) for developed Camp Improvement Plan (CIP) by the CIF
Those who wish to apply please send your CV in Arabic and English to: [email protected]
Deadline for sending CV: Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 3 pm.
Refugee Camp Improvement Project (PALCIP) - Refugees Affairs - JICA Expert Team