Tamer Institute for Community Education was established in 1989 during the first intifada, as a necessarily response to fulfill the Palestinian community need for maintaining identity and supporting cultural dynamics against the Israeli occupation practices. The institute’s evolution was part of a wide inflation of the Palestinian civil society, which aimed at stimulating national initiatives toward creating expressive spaces, creating safe learning environment and developing Palestinian children literature. The institute considers reading, writing and other types of expressive arts as tools through which children and adolescents can express themselves, release their stress, network with their society members and have a leading role in the development of their community.
For its office in Gaza strip, Tamer Institute is looking for a: Child Protection projects coordinator
Child Protection projects coordinator will work within Tamer’s vision “towards a free and safe Palestinian learning society”, Tamer's programs and interventions are designed to serve our strategy which has been recently developed for 2021-2024, the strategy illustrates Tamer's interventions in child protection in details under the third strategic objective: “to provide a safe enabling environment for the "culture of learning". The institute works from a holistic perspective to improve the learning environment.
The Child Protection projects coordinator main areas of work will be in provision of technical support on child protection, child protection programming level with specific attention to case management interventions, psychosocial program activities, reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building. Furthermore, this position should be working on ensuring quality of implementations\ effectiveness and to build on the existing experience of unifying and employing Tamer's tools and publications to serve the PSS and the detection of children in need.
Along with Tamer’s programs team, the child Protection projects coordinator will be responsible for ensuring an accurate, proper, timely and high-quality implementation of child protection projects at Tamer and leading a team consists of projects coordinators, technical supervisors, case managers, counselors and expressive arts\ life skills facilitators.
His\ her role encompasses of acting as a focal point with the main actors in the child protection field such as (ministry of social \developmental, Child protection cluster and its subgroups (CPWG, GBV, MPHSS) and other service providers).
- Providing technical support and guidance to the projects teams, in order to ensure quality of the projects implemented, follow-up of the projects’ implementation plans, activities follow-up with Tamer and projects working teams.
- Ensuring a proper and timely delivery of the projects under her/his responsibility including administrative, financial and logistical support, follow-up of human resources issues related to the staff, according to agreed outcomes within budget and on time, by the project team.
- Act as a focal point with all the stakeholders of the child protection projects and maintain close and regular contact with them and related clusters as well.
- In collaboration with the projects’ coordinators; developing the projects overall, quarter and monthly plans including the indicators of success, means of verification and assumptions.
- In collaboration with the projects’ coordinators; preparing monthly progress reports, quarter and final narrative reports of the project and submit it to Tamer’s management and donors.
- Respects and Promote Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) and its principles of child protection, ensuring the policy’s implementation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Competencies and qualifications:
- University degree in related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in the field.
- Very good background and experience in the child protection field and children’s rights approach and profound expertise in community development issues.
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their CV and cover letter in MS WORD documents no longer than August 15th, 2021 to the following email address [email protected].
Qualified candidates will be invited to an interview and will be subject to a written test
to measure all the above qualifications.