PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Child Protection Officer or Facilitator will facilitate the implementation of essential day-to-day activities related to the Technical Programme or Technical Project for child protection and/or ending violence against children. S/he will support daily programme activities and provide technical guidance to local volunteers or local partners who assist WV in implementing specific activities. Frequent site visits, reporting, and monitoring of programme components are required.
This person will also play a significant role in building the capacity of local volunteers and local partners to understand WV’s CP Systems strengthening approach and ensure that they have the right competencies, support, and mentoring to effectively implement CP activities with quality. This role will also assist the CP Coordinator to build partnerships with local CP stakeholders in order to strengthen and build coordination of the CP system.
Technical Expertise and Safeguarding and Child Protection compliances
- In close cooperation with CPA coordinator identify the best fit approaches and Child Protection practices in current programs that can be implemented at the zonal level.
- To implement the CPA and other Child protection models at the zonal level
- Provide Child Protection expertise and technical support to zonal team.
- Provide Child protection and safeguarding training for volunteers, community members and partners.
- In collaboration with CPA coordinator analyse evidence of impact on local level and contribute to production of quality zonal report.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and Quality
- Help and support the monitoring and communication officer in actively monitor Child Protection program activities at field level.
- Ensuring quality of our program and flagging concerns to the CPA coordinator and monitoring and communication officer
- Help and support the monitoring and communication officer to ensure appropriate, timely and accurate data collection against agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting
- Help and support monitoring and communication officer to insure quality success stories, pictures and videos required for reporting.
- Help and support the CPA coordinator to lead discussions with communities and beneficiaries on program design and project review
Coordination and advocacy
ort CPA coordinator in advocacy campaigns in the area of Child Protection.
- Support CPA coordinator with the implementation of ITAW campaign in the zone
- Use evidence from WV program to inform CPA coordinator on issues that will directly affect target beneficiaries, especially most vulnerable children
- Represent WV in collaboration with CPA coordinator on zonal level Child Protection networks.
Support CPA coordinator in the implementation of Child protection national campaigns
- Report and follow up Child incidents.
- Implement the safe play areas activities.
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Strong understanding of community-led development work
- Creative and able to apply innovative thinking, partnership building and problem solving skills
- Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Basic understanding of design, monitoring, and evaluation
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, abilities to work as a team.
- Effective in written and oral communication; able to speak and write with a proper standard of English.
- Computer literacy; Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Valid driving license
Applications are received through Careers website.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults