Chief of Party, West Bank/Gaza Pioneers-Raedat (Female empowerment & gender equality program)
Location: Ramallah, West Bank
Reports to: Country Director
Please Note: This position is under a recently awarded program and will start as soon as possible.
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID West Bank/Gaza Pioneers-Raedat Project. This five-year $35M program is intended to leverage women’s potential to create ripple effects that shift gender-based power relations within the Palestinian community. This Activity will improve institutional frameworks and processes in select sectors to ensure they align with legal requirements and international best practice (both existing and new that might be advanced through implementation) for the inclusion of women. It will also support communities to develop the necessary tools to promote women’s inclusion in activities outside the home; build the capacity and confidence of individual women by engaging institutions of higher education and civil society; develop male allies, political structures, and the private sector; and strengthen public awareness and advocacy around women’s issues, including gender-based violence (GBV).
The COP will lead and oversee the overall implementation of the program, including technical strategy, financial and operational leadership, and human resources. We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
The COP is responsible for overall program implementation, strategic vision, and outcome achievement. The COP provides an integrated vision for the program and will manage a team of senior staff to ensure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the project. S/he will utilize the principles of adaptive management to maximize impact and facilitate innovation. Finally, the COP will be responsible for communications with USAID, for publicly representing the project, and for liaising with government and other institutions/stakeholders on issues related to gender equality and female empowerment.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Provide program leadership, direction, and supervision, including oversight of staff, consultants, and partners, monitoring and evaluation, and program implementation.
- Ensure implementation of technical interventions, resulting in concrete and specific outcomes.
- Lead regular work plan, budget, and implementation reviews to facilitate the cost-effective and timely achievement of contract deliverables.
- Manage team members, including highly specialized technical staff, to deliver against the annual workplan.
- Ensure project activities maximize impact and are completed in compliance with Global Communities, USAID rules and regulations, local laws, and donor agreement requirements.
- Lead in adaptive management, achieving peak performance and facilitate innovation.
- Wherever possible, identify opportunities to engage partners and create growth, and connect actors to find mutual opportunity and benefit.
- Oversee the production and submission of timely activity and financial reports to USAID, effectively and accurately communicating project progress, achievements, challenges, and utilization of funds.
- Meet program targets, as well as fiscal integrity of the use of program funds.
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of systems for project operations.
- Act as primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
- Provide inputs and quality control for written reports and oral presentations on the program.
- Represent Global Communities and overall program interests as necessary and appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers, and partners. Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns.
- Foster good working relationships with other agencies working on similar or complimentary projects, maximizing visibility and learning.
- Be the principal point of contact with other agencies and individuals working on related projects and activities.
- Ensure that lessons learned are disseminated and applied.
- Liaise with GC colleagues to coordinate the inputs of gender and inclusion, monitoring and evaluation and other advisory inputs to provide cross-cutting support.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum of seven years of experience of progressively increasing responsibility in managing gender equality and female empowerment projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries including three (3) years serving as a COP or in an equivalent position.
- Bachelor’s degree in development or relevant social science areas, preferably in gender, institutional capacity building, women’s empowerment or women’s leadership with a minimum of 5 years of experience, in addition to the seven years outlined above required.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in development or relevant social sciences areas, preferably in gender, institutional capacity building, women’s empowerment or women’s leadership with a minimum of 10 years of experience managing multi-sectoral projects desired
- Experience of at least three years, in the Middle East, in managing a systems approach programming, directly leading to sustainability of interventions and behavior change desired
- Experience in high level leadership positions that require excellent interpersonal, communication, technical, and analytical skills including ability to interact effectively and collaboratively and develop relationships with a broad range of counterparts and key stakeholders.
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects, particularly in the Middle East.
- International NGO experience is strongly preferred.
- High level of interpersonal, technical, and analytical skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaborate with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expert technical knowledge in gender equality and female empowerment and leadership. This will include things like skills development, mentorship and networking, gender-based violence, national and institutional level enabling environments for women’s participation, and promoting inclusive social norms.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of relevant USAID policies and strategies, including USAID’s Democracy, Human Rights, and Government Strategy; Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy; Youth in Development Policy; and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting Framework.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with government officials, civil society organizations, private sector actors, implementing partners, international donors, and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge/experience with USAID rules and regulations required; experience managing USAID contracts preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of relevant local laws, regulations and policies is required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse team, in a flexible and adaptive programming context, ensuring high performance and staff retention, to deliver impact within agreed timelines and budget.
- Proven ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams is desired.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Arabic language knowledge desired.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities.
Interested candidates should submit their applications through this link: Chief of Party, West Bank/Gaza Pioneers-Raedat in West Bank and Gaza | Careers at Palestine, West Bank and Gaza (icims.com).
We are currently reviewing all applications on a rolling basis and until a final candidate is selected. For consideration, please apply by October 31, 2023. However, we encourage candidates to apply immediately if interested.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Global Communities holds strict safeguarding principles and has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment. In the process of recruitment, selection, and appointment, Global Communities will conduct robust reference and background screening checks, including international vetting as a signature of the Global Misconduct Disclosure Scheme to ensure children and vulnerable adults are safeguarded, and abuse is prevented. The incumbent is required to carry out their duties in accordance with Global Communities Safeguarding policy and the Standards of Conduct.