ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) stands by, for, and with young people. Founded in 1990, IYF is a global nonprofit that has worked in more than 100 countries in close collaboration with over 600 local partners to directly serve more than 7.8 million young people, and indirectly serve an additional 12 million young people. Together with local community-based organizations and a network of corporate, foundation, bilateral, and multilateral partners, we connect young people with opportunities to transform their lives. We believe that educated, employed, engaged young people possess the power to solve the world’s toughest problems, and we focus our youth development efforts on three linked objectives: unlocking youth agency, driving economic opportunity, and making systems more inclusive. For more information please see www.iyfglobal.org
IYF is seeking a Chief of Party who will provide strategic guidance, leadership, and oversight for an anticipated four-year project in Palestine funded by USAID that aims to strengthen technical and vocational education and training (TVET). This position requires strong project management and coordination skills, technical knowledge, and extensive experience cultivating and establishing partnerships with key stakeholders, including implementing partners and funders.
Palestinian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Hiring for this position will be contingent upon funding from USAID.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall strategic leadership and management of the project and oversee staff and partners responsible for project delivery.
- In coordination with USAID and project partners, develop the project's overarching vision and lead an integrated approach among different components and actors that supports local ownership and sustainable outcomes.
- Decision-Making: Make key decisions for effective and efficient delivery of project results and accountability of project resources, in coordination with IYF’s Baltimore-based support departments, Regional Director, and country office team.
Budgetary: Oversee the project budget and expenditures; make resource allocation decisions that impact the project and relevant IYF offices.
- Oversee the development and execution of project work-plans to achieve intended results, meet funder expectations, and comply with award requirements.
- Lead finance, operational, technical, and project staff to ensure fiscal integrity, quality implementation, and timely delivery of project outputs using effective adaptive management techniques. This will include identifying project risks and making appropriate adjustments.
Reporting: Ensure the development and timely submission of written reports, including funder reports and oral presentations on the project. Prepare periodic update reports on project successes, challenges facing the project, and progress toward meeting deliverables.
- Learning: Oversee continuous project learning and ensure integration of monitoring and evaluation data into management decision-making. This will include synthesizing and disseminating project results and information to local, regional, and global partners and overseeing the development of thought leadership publications.
- Representation (External/Internal)
- Provide leadership in designing and implementing the project’s communication strategy and ensure compliance with funder branding and marking requirements.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID, maintaining strong relationships with staff and being responsive to their priorities and needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant project partners such as youth-led and youth-serving organizations, national and local government, and the private sector.
- Represent IYF and overall project interests at national and regional meetings, workshops, and conferences, and promote the project at the global level.
- Directly supervise project staff as assigned, including providing regular professional support and coaching to supervisees, assessing their performance, and recommending areas for improvement to achieve annual objectives and project goals.
- Perform other duties as requested.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A graduate degree in a relevant field such as education, public policy, political science, international development, or other social sciences.
- Ten years of experience in designing, implementing, and/or managing development projects focused on TVET strengthening, workforce development, youth development, private sector engagement, capacity strengthening, and/or education in Palestine or similar settings.
- Leadership experience managing complex multi-million dollar donor-funded projects.
- Experience developing and delivering effective institutional capacity strengthening services for youth-serving organizations.
- Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders, including young people, training providers, NGOs, and government.
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to manage and motivate teams and adaptive management experience with the ability to find viable solutions to complicated problems in a flexible, time-sensitive, and creative manner.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Arabic required.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Please submit your CV in English via email to [email protected] with "Palestine – Chief of Party" in the subject line. To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Palestine; this position is a local hire position in Palestine. Applications will be reviewed as received. The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.