Gaza Household WASH Activity
Position: Chief of Party
Location: Gaza Strip
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Chief of Party to lead an anticipated, USAID-funded Household WASH program in Gaza. The three-year program will improve human health, environmental health and livelihoods in vulnerable communities by increasing access to facilities and services for safe domestic water and improved sanitation. Priorities include: 1) Providing durable solutions to vulnerable communities, such as the establishment, extension or rehabilitation of water distribution networks and sanitation systems at the household and neighborhood levels; and 2) Increasing emergency WASH preparedness interventions to mitigate and reduce rainwater and sewage flooding risks in vulnerable communities.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall management of the activity, ensuring adequate communication with USAID and other counterparts and identifying and mitigating activity risks in order to ensure project goals are achieved. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and supervise the implementation of the various interventions that result in the desired outcomes and impact;
- Supervise program staff and oversee the implementation of interventions.
- Establish and maintain systems for project operations and compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure the fiscal integrity of the use of program funds.
- Act as the primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
- Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on program.
- Represent Global Communities and program interests as necessary and appropriate.
- Build and maintaining strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
- Advanced degree (masters or above) in international development, public administration or any other related field;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing complex international-donor funded development activities in challenging environments. Experience managing USAID-funded programs preferred;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience implementing donor-funded programs in water and sanitation in one or more of the following areas: WASH infrastructure; water engineering; urban sanitation; flood prevention, preparedness and response; emergency WASH preparedness;
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, effective organizational development, partnership building, managerial, team-building and communications skills;
- Proven ability to coordinate with key stakeholders such as governmental and non-governmental organizations;
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Professional working proficiency in spoken and written Modern Standard Arabic is desirable;
- Prior experience in the West Bank and Gaza, and/or the region, is desirable.
To apply for the position listed above, please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Saturday March 31, 2018, indicating the position title and location. Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer.
The above vacancy is also found on our website www.globalcommunities.ps (under Get involved-Job Opportunities).