YallaTalk is a company that offers Arabic language learners a platform to practice, improve and
maintain their Arabic skills by conversing with native speakers. Whether through our website or
mobile application, this on-demand service allows customers to choose their preferred topic of
conversation, see who is available to talk and select their desired native speaker.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Job Summary
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to join our startup company in the role of
CEO (Chief Executive Officer). The Chief Executive Officer will work closely with the Board of
Directors, serving as managing director of corporate operations and as the main link between
the different divisions within the company. The right candidate must be ready to build and
model a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to our executive team, establish a
great working relationship with the board of directors and set a course for company strategy.
In this position of power, the CEO will direct and oversee all operations of our company, and
must be a visionary director who understands and upholds our company’s values, while
leading it to financial success.
Chief Executive Officer Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage lower-level employees to achieve a common goal.
- Provide strategic direction for overall mission of company.
- Develop the company’s culture and overall company vision.
- Redesign the departments, and the team tasks.
- Work with the executive board to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long
- Work with senior stakeholders, chief financial officer, and other executives.
- Keep watch on related markets and adjust accordingly.
- Identify risks within the company and problem solve to find solutions.
- Supervise and monitor all areas of the company.
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Represent the company in public; attend board and shareholder meetings.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Uphold company business laws and ethics.
- support and engage the board of directors
- Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and
- Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
- Oversee day-to-day operation of the company.
- Work closely with the human resource department to ensure great hiring.
- Ability to work remotely, delegating tasks to employees working abroad.
- Knowledge of E-learning and online services related to language learning prefered.
- Ability to identify and analyse our targeted market
Chief Executive Officer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or master degree in business administrations, economics, or related field;
- 5+ years experience in a managerial business position.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Business development background and online services
- Strong knowledge of the startup ecosystem in the region
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance
- Results-driven personality with a skill for leading and motivating employees.
- Natural leader and excellent motivator.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and oversee a multitude of departments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; comfortable with public speaking, and proven
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Visionary able to make key decisions that will benefit the company.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel management.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively.
For interested applicants, please send a C.V and a cover letter to
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted