International Building a better World
CHF International is implementing a Technical Assistance and Training program (TAT) in the West Bank and Gaza with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). This Program will provide technical assistance and capacity building to lending institutions, primarily commercial banks, through on-the-job, and classroom training of loan officers. The Program will work closely with partner banks, and others to ensure that the development and delivery of technical assistance to lending institutions is supportive of the objectives and consistent with strategies developed in cooperation with participating banks and technical assistance resources. The position is funded by USAID for 2.5 years with possible extension. CHF International is seeking qualified candidates to assume the following position
Technical Assistance Officer – Location: Al-Bireh/Ramallah. Duration: 12 Months renewable
The Technical Assistance Officer will work all aspects of technical assistance to commercial banks and capacity building of credit officers.Responsibilities include: Working in the main office. He/She will:
· Assess technical assistance needs of participating lending institutions;
· Provide practical and on-the-job assistance to credit personnel;
· Monitor, evaluate and document component performance;
· Coordinate and develop training needs;
· Supervise attention to all technical assistance component administrative matters; and,
· Assume other responsibilities as assigned by management.
· University degree in Finance or Accounting;
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in lending or credit management in the field of banking, microfinance or other financial institution;
· Good knowledge of project analysis, credit and risk management, credit policy and credit administration procedures;
· Flexibility, reliability, tactfulness, discreteness, and punctuality
· Ability to work under pressure, meets strict deadlines, and work beyond official business hours, if required.
· Strong English written and verbal communication skills, and good presentation skills;
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills; and
Willing and able to travel throughout the West Bank, Gaza and the region
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] or fax to 02-2420847 no later than Thursday, April 9th, 2009. Candidates must clearly indicate which position they are applying for. Please send one application either by email or fax, but not both. CHF International is an equal opportunity employer.