International Building a better World
CHF International is implementing a Technical Assistance and Training program (TAT) in the West Bank and Gaza with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). This Program will provide technical assistance and capacity building to lending institutions, primarily commercial banks, through on-the-job, and classroom training of loan officers. The Program will work closely with partner banks, and others to ensure that the development and delivery of technical assistance to lending institutions is supportive of the objectives and consistent with strategies developed in cooperation with participating banks and technical assistance resources. The position is funded by USAID for 2.5 years with possible extension. CHF International is seeking qualified candidates to assume the following position
Senior Accountant– Location: Al-Bireh/Ramallah. Duration: 12 Months renewable
The Senior Accountant will manage all aspects of accounting work, including but not limited to the preparation and maintenance of financial records, the production of reports related to federal and other grants or requests from outside entities such as auditors, or legislative bodies. Detailed responsibilities include to:
· Prepare, maintain control, and be responsible for accounting records involving a variety of transactions and accounts.
· Post data to various ledgers, registers, journals and logs following established accounting techniques and procedures.
· Maintain various ledger accounts including reconciliation of the general ledger, revenue accounts, expenditures, and cash balances.
· Prepare expenditure reports, monitors grant related expenditures and ledgers; prepares annual expenditure reports.
· Interpret and apply USAID rules, regulations and practices, and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations
· Record financial transactions and maintain CHF computerized operations by using Intuit’s QuickBooks 2002
· Prepare journal entries and record all transactions in QuickBooks.
· Prepare regular bank reconciliations.
· Prepare payroll and filing taxes with relevant authorities.
· Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the management.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting.
· Five years of professional experience in accounting or related field.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Fluent in English and Arabic.
· USAID experience is a major plus.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] or fax to 02-2 420847 no later than Thursday, April 9th, 2009. Candidates must clearly indicate which position they are applying for. Please send one application either by email or fax, but not both. CHF International is an equal opportunity employer.