Position Title : Cash Programme Coordinator
Position Type : Regular Full Time
Location : Mercy Corps Gaza Office
Duration : Seven Months and half
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action—helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. In Palestine, Mercy Corps has been working hand-in-hand with local communities and partners since 1980s and has staff in three offices based in East Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza. Mercy Corps work aims to increase the capacity of Palestinian’s civil society to promote inclusive social and economic development, long-term recovery, and respond to humanitarian need.
Programme / Department Summary
Globally Mercy Corps is a recognized leader in cash transfer programming leading numerous efforts designed to harmonize and improve practices across the sector. Since 2006 within Palestine, Mercy Corps’ has worked to provide over 32,000 vulnerable households with access to critically needed cash through cash for work and livelihoods rehabilitation programming with funds from range of donors including ECHO, USAID, Qatar Charity, and OCHA.
Mercy Corps has made a commitment to increase its use of Cash Transfer Programming (CTP) in humanitarian responses. In Gaza Mercy Corps has been implementing CTP since 2006, and recently we designed and established a stronger case for multi-purpose cash assistance (MPCA) by testing different cash transfer modalities and completing an ambitious research, learning, and influence agenda. Mercy Corps’ Cash Programme includes different cash projects from different donors.
General Position Summary
The Cash Program Coordinator (CPC) will work under the supervision of The Cash Program Officer and closely with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team. The CPC will be responsible for managing and following up the project implementation in the Gaza Strip including field and office work duties including the coordination with partner INGO and local NGOs teams, training and technical guidance to field enumerators and local partner teams, field mass beneficiaries data collection, home visits verification, baseline surveys, technical assessments, regular data collection from beneficiates including Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM), beneficiaries direct orientation sessions, identification of beneficiaries in need to referral to other non-cash services, all required filed coordination, all field M&E activities, and addressing activities’ filed issues.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be fully responsible for the management and supervision of the Cash program filed activities in the spirit of providing the best possible value for Mercy Corps, program beneficiaries, the community at large.
- Ensure all interventions adhere to Mercy Corps’ Program Management Standards ([email protected]), Cash Minimum Standards Policy, program related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), program plans and timelines, Protection Principles, Mercy Corps’ Accountability to Beneficiaries Standards, or any other Mercy Corps policies and procedures.
- Contribute to program startup activity, including setting up plans for specific target localities identifications, action plans for beneficiary’s identification, data collection plans, and ongoing program management and administration of field teams across various field locations.
- Actively contribute to the beneficiary’s identification, verification, cross-checking, and final selection in line with program plans, selection processes, and standards.
- Supervise the field work and oversee the day to day efforts of local NGOs team and enumerators in order to ensure the work is done in a systemic way and according to plans and quality standards.
- Ensure Cash program activities in the field are implemented in accordance with technical, and timely requirements to the highest standards delivering the maximum possible quality and in line with program plans and in compliance with Mercy Corps’ standards and donors’ requirements.
- Develop, and maintain up-to-date program implementation action plans, timelines, beneficiary’s forms, beneficiaries tracking sheets, cash transfer tracking sheets, referral tracking sheets, and any program related documents in both soft and hard copies in accordance to Mercy Corps’ Program Files standards are needed.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability targeting approaches and criteria.
- Lead the design and implementation of beneficiaries’ orientation materials and sessions in close cooperation with other team members, and local NGOs teams.
- Work closely with local partner NGOs team to identify beneficiary cases in need for referral to other non-cash services. This includes the filling out referral forms, sharing information with management, sharing cases to relevant service providers, and follow up on referred cases.
- Patriciate in planning baseline as well as end line data collection in line with the established evaluation strategy.
- Collaborate with the program teams and the Monitoring & Evaluation department to and actively participate in conducting relevant assessments, data collection, and other related monitoring and evaluation activities as needed.
- Provide periodic (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) and ad hoc high-quality reports and up-dates on the status of the Cash program implementation.
- Identity, track, and write success stories and produce other communications and impact evidences written material as required.
- Ensure timely and effective coordination with local partners including partner NGOs, and any other field relevant actors and bodies.
- Ensure active engagement, timely communication, and proper coordination and liaison with all Mercy Corps support department including Finance & Compliance, Monitoring & Evaluation, Procurement, and Human Resources & Admin.
- Adhere to all Mercy Corps policies including Code of Conduct Policy and Safeguarding Policy.
- Ensure that all Cash program activities in the field are implemented with a clear analysis and understanding of security management priorities.
- Organizational Learning
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning – and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – Mercy Corps expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
- Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our partners and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging partner communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Authority and Accountability
The Cash Program Coordinator does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Reports Directly To: The Cash Program Manager / Cash Program Officer
Works Directly With: Director of Programs, Cash Programming Technical Advisor, M&E Department, Finance and Compliance Department, Operations Department, Procurement Department, local partner NGOs, enumerators as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in engineering, development studies, projects management, or other related field or other relevant degree.
- 3+ years of direct field experience in CTP programs.
- Experience in Palestinian humanitarian sector. Excellent familiarity with, and understanding of, Gaza humanitarian context.
- Previous experience working in managing field activities with focus on cash transfer programming.
- Previous experience building capacity of field staff and local partners.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and respectfully with country government, private sector, INGO, NGO partners and other stakeholders.
- Successful and proven communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required.
The successful CPC will be capable of multi-tasking, excellent communication and coordination skills with strong personality, have initiative, drive, and energy, and experience with on the job coaching. The CPC will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level. Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority. The successful candidate will combine great field management skills, skills and experience in maintaining local partners’ relationships.
Mercy Corps is committed to the community members we work with and the beneficiaries we serve. As part of this commitment, Mercy Corps has zero tolerance for violations of our Code of Conduct (Sexual Abuse of Beneficiaries and Community Members (PSEA), Anti-Trafficking Policy, Child Safeguarding Policy, Mercy Corps Ethics Complaint and Whistleblower Policy, Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Policy, and Anti-Fraud and Corruption).
As a global humanitarian agency serving the world’s most vulnerable communities, we have an immense responsibility to our program participants, donors and team members across the 40+ countries in which we work. At Mercy Corps, we strive to create an inclusive and safe work environment, where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. Central to this commitment our emphasis on protecting our program participants and team members from all forms of harm, including any physical, emotional or sexual abuse.
Mercy Corps continues to invest in and strengthen our approach to safeguarding, which we define as our responsibility to ensure team members, operations and programs do no harm to the people and communities with which we work or put anyone, especially vulnerable populations at risk of abuse or exploitation. When issues do arise, we are committed to putting survivors first, providing them with the support they need, ensuring transparency with donors and local communities, and taking corrective action, be it at the local level or within our global systems.
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs, and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues. Given the nature of the context, working hours require flexibility and working through weekends/evenings might be necessary.
For a full list of policies visit https://www.mercycorps.org/about-us/ethics-and-policies
Non-disclosure or any inconsistencies identified during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination if discovered after hiring.
المسمى الوظيفي Cash Programme Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم 20 - Jul - 2020
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE no later than
Monday, 20 July 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply separate application for each position you are interested in.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Mercy Corps - مؤسسة ميرسي كور
Communication and PR Coordinator
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
Tech Community Coordinator/ منسق المجتمع التقني
رام الله والبيرة
SEO and Content Writing
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
Code Academy Technical Instructor
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
Tech Community Coordinator
رام الله والبيرة
Tech Training Assistant
Administrative Assistant Intern